Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hornet / Bandit / Bandit / Hornet

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Mattastic
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 02:21 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Hornet / Bandit / Bandit / Hornet Reply with quote

What to go for? I'll be doing my DAS over the next month and these are the two bikes I'll be shopping around for.

Anyone on here own any of them or know of their likely faults and specs would be great

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:44 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: bikes Reply with quote

Usefull information would be.
we talking new here??? or second hand and how much cash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 09:57 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are basically the same, not really much difference in them so just go for the one you like the look of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:03 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev, thats not strictly true. The hornet has a bit more power... but thats irrelevant. what is important is the fact that the hornet has a lower seat and is lighter. If you have ikkle legs like me you'd be better off with a hornet IMO.

Smile

Phil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just got myself a hornet and i love it. don't forget about the fazer or sv650, there both good bikes too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornet definitely. Laughing

I have ridden both and the Bandit is just dull in comparison.

Just make sure it's an unfaired one too. The faired one's look horrible and I'm sure the little bit of plastic they call a 'fairing' doesn't make that much difference!!

mr.z
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ridden either of them (>sniff<)

But the bandits are VERY common, which is because they are damn good bikes, easy to ride, ridiculous ammount of mods can be brought, cheep to buy/maintain/repair.
Personally i'd have the hornet, the bandits have been around a while + there are just so many of them Neutral hondas are relyable and cope well with every day riding (keeping the finish up on some japanese bikes is hard work).

Thing is, it also depends what your going to be using the bike for, if your going to be doing 80miles down the motorway every morning your going to want a faring, even a small one can make the difference of feeling like your head is being torn off (along with your arms) or being allot more comfortable.. (But then i have ridden bikes which a faring makes it worse!).

How much do you have for the bike + insurance? if i were you i'd wait till you have done the test then have a couple of test rides, its the only way your goanna know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

1cyl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero's got it right.
It all depends how much dosh you got, what your using it for, and how much performance means to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Personally I would say that the finish on the Bandits is not great. I went looking at 600s with a colleague last year. The 600 Bandits we looked at were all quite rough. However they do have one hell of a lot better tank range than the Hornet.

All the best

Keith

mojo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:07 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally honda hornet as it looks nice with faring and naked and there great handling (so i have heard0 we have one well me mum teaches cbts on them you can do long journeys on them aswell

kev
I Hump Things

PostPosted: 19:11 - 29 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say they handle great.
20:02:36 Jammy-R6: any holes a goal
20:02:48 kev: even if its a hairy mans arse
20:02:56 Jammy-R6: hell yes

mojo
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:25 - 05 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suppose its a personal opinion on this subject
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1