Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VFR400 but witch one???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Confused
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 11:55 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: VFR400 but witch one??? Reply with quote

hey all bikers
i've got kind of of a problem.i'm buying a vfr400 but i've got to choose between 2 both nc30.one is a 2001 and the other a 1998.
The 2001 has a performance pipe and it pulls better than the other,but it needs a new front tyre & brakes,its only got 6000Km on.
Both are pretty but the 1998 is a beauty,and its brakes are a bite better and tyres are in a better conditoin,but its got 13000km on.
Both are going for the same price.which one should i choose and what do i need to look out for???please help Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:33 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for thr older one. If it looks like it has been looked after and serviced, then I would go for it.

They are expensive to service and if somebody has scrimped on servicing on the lower mileage model, then I would walk away.

Don't worry too much about the older one having a few more miles because the VFR engines are bulletproof.

If one has a service history and the other doesn't then I would always go for the one with the history.

Other things to look out for are general neglect (indicates lack of servicing) and otherwise just condition of consumables (tyres, chain, sprockets, brake pads etc).

I don't think mechanically there is anything that goes wrong with NC30s although I would check the condition of the suspension and make sure it has some damping left in it. If they are both imports then it is possible that they were both strapped down in a container over from Japan, so they might have lost some of their boingyness on the long journey.

Good luck, and re register with a new handle because you won't be confused after you buy a good NC30! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 13:39 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise they didn't make them after 1994? After that they did the RVF400 NC35.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:51 - 28 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did think that actually Maurice, I thought that Honda made a few batches of 30's whilst the 35 was in production though. Dunno anyway.

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jinx
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:55 - 11 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't do it!! get an NC23 or NC29 instead - bikes are just as good as the VFR (personally I think better but we do about our own bikes dont we!) and there is more room to work on it!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1