Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

KTM off-road tryout day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

tintin
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:05 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: KTM off-road tryout day Reply with quote

Me and a chum went on an off-road tryout day with KTM yesterday and we had a great time, the bikes and motocross gear made us feel very cool. The weather started off OK but it rained A LOT in the afternoon and this, combined with the previous nights wet weather, made the going pretty slippery.

I can't remember how many times I fell off, but no injuries, apart from my pride. It's amazing how you can be going so slow and yet it feels so fast. The bike was sliding and twisting the whole time, so the odd little twitch or slide from my Tuono will be ignored from now on. I was riding a 200cc 2 Stroke, my mate a 125, both seemed to have plenty of power for our standard. They were really light, although picking them up and trying to kick start them on a muddy hillside for the 20th time was hard work. I've never been so knackered after a day on a bike (and that includes the time I rode across most of France overnight).

My opinion of anyone who rides well off road has now gone up about 500%. Our trainer Ady Smith, was doing rolling stoppies, downhill, on mud and wet grass!

If you haven't tried it then I would recommend it highly. This was who we went with:

Off road experience

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: bikes Reply with quote

Sound like you had a great time, i keep telling people who ride on the road to go to this sorta thing as you will learn LOADS about controlling a bike off road.

Just sold my ktm250 Crying or Very sad that was mad when it got on power lol just need some nobblys for teh kx500 now Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:24 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to do that for ages, trouble is, they are bloomin miles away. Anyone know of somewhere in the North of England/South of Scotland that does a similar thing?

RiderOfTheSto...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:16 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you can learn a lot from riding off road. It can teach you loads about the behaviour of the bike. I think many people would benefit from doing something like you did, if not to learn something but to have a great day out. I’m sure it’s not for everyone but I reckon most people on this forum would enjoy it.

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:00 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I've been meaning to do that for ages, trouble is, they are bloomin miles away. Anyone know of somewhere in the North of England/South of Scotland that does a similar thing?

I heard something about there being a place in / near Haddington that does that, but I haven't looked into it.

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 19:42 - 14 Oct 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM's are very good bikes.

The 125exc is my favourite, increadably high power output for a 125 stroker', very light, loadsa goodies too like adjustable shock etc...

I think i may save up for an off roader...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1