Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Free image hosting

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 19 May 2024    Post subject: Free image hosting Reply with quote

I see that to upload an image to imgur.com to link to here
now means you have to sign in/join

Are there any free simple alternatives? or is joining up/signing in
a thing now?

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 19 May 2024    Post subject: Re: Free image hosting Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
I see that to upload an image to imgur.com to link to here
now means you have to sign in/join

Are there any free simple alternatives? or is joining up/signing in
a thing now?

It's both simple and free to join imgur - I 'joined' when photobucket became effectively an ad laden virus repository instead of an image hosting site, which happened a good few years before they started ransoming and sending threatening emails...

There is an extra step to ensure the hotlink embeds correctly, but I haven't found a sensible alternative.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:07 - 19 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old news. Razz

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4830497

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:08 - 19 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use google images. It's a little fiddly and yes, you need to sign in but most people do have a google account and are signed into it all the time anyway. Once you've uploaded the image, you need to get onto that image to copy the URL BUT you need to be signed out or only you will be able to see it.

I upload the images, click the share icon for the folder they are in and generate a share link. I then open that link in a private/incognito browser window and click on the image. You can then copy the image location and wrap it in IMG tags. Weird looking URL, it's a very long alphanumeric string ending in -no

So.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AP1GczNrPwBgoeTHVzgDaaIu_x4rHvKybzUOHD5xHCd92ptW03xKAJiQ4EYxHmqJjzILnv8Y3JxiKwZsfpv4GFfiuehzoroiNLtZ1NDQkZAEtAANUG-oH4dvFEvF4N50OYkVXfgEYz5IYXrAOT2pHTeAXJKL=w1547-h870-s-no

Gives me.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AP1GczNrPwBgoeTHVzgDaaIu_x4rHvKybzUOHD5xHCd92ptW03xKAJiQ4EYxHmqJjzILnv8Y3JxiKwZsfpv4GFfiuehzoroiNLtZ1NDQkZAEtAANUG-oH4dvFEvF4N50OYkVXfgEYz5IYXrAOT2pHTeAXJKL=w1547-h870-s-no

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 19 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imgur is easier than google images though, no fiddling with incognito or signing out.

Upload image, view image, right click image (or long hold on android, no idea what you'd do on manbunOS) and open in new tab, copy much more sensible and user friendly url...

So, https://i.imgur.com/azOIuZb.jpeg put in img tags lets you see what I did with my 1947 air compressor that was rusty scrap when I got it:

https://i.imgur.com/azOIuZb.jpeg

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 20 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own FTP, then link from there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 20 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Postimages. Free and easy.

https://postimages.org/

ANd it must be easy if I have no problems with it. Laughing

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:24 - 20 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear is correct, postimages is the best and free-est
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1