Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 21 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I was genuinely interested in a grey import Yamaha advertised on Facebook Marketplace just 20 miles away but I politely questioned the fact it was registered in 1988 when they weren’t made before 1993. I suggested it was a genuine mistake while praising the bike… and… advert pulled. No idea what’s going on.

FB marketplace scam? There's enough going around.

It hasn’t been reposted so I reckon you’re right. I came across a few scammers when I was selling and they quickly became obvious so I think I’d have sussed this one if he’d engaged in conversation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:24 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 in a 30 - and a camera i knew was there. First ride of the bike of the year and the lack of engine braking caught me napping, knew when i sailed past it that i'd get nabbed.

Can't decide whether to take the course if it's offered or skip the lecture and just take the points and fine - license previously unmarked for over 25 years.

Arse Mr. Green

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 07:27 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the points and fine, the fine will be less than the course, the points will make fuck all difference to your insurance and you won't lose a day of your life doing a pointless fucking course.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 07:27 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did similar. I reckoned 3 points doesn't make much difference to anything so I took the points on the basis it left me the option of the course if I got caught again before the points expire. Points will be gone next month and so far haven't been caught again.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:53 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah taking the points is i think my preferred course - i haven't the patience for a days stupidity, if i want that I go to work and get paid for it.

First few rides of the year always takes a day or two to re-calibrate hand and throttle. That will doubtless not be acceptable on the course as an excuse. If i did do the course, i might ask the lecturer if they've ever ridden a bike and if yes, something with 140odd bhp to see if they understand that after 6 months off, your skills take a little time to come back.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 07:55 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the course in these situations. My sense of time is elastic, so I can't remember if I need to declare the points at my insurance renewal for about a decade afterwards (Did I get those points last year, or a decade ago? Who was the prime minister when I got caught?)

The course doesn't present that problem. It just means I have to be good and say nothing for a few hours. You can also generally do them as a teams call now, instead of having to go to the dingiest local hotel conference room.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive known people to take the third option, set fire to camera.
car tyres seem to fit nicely over them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
ive known people to take the third option, set fire to camera.
car tyres seem to fit nicely over them.

This post will not be considered kindly by our future AI overlords Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the course. No points to remember plus you should be able to do it from the comfort of your own home.

You can't sit there and not engage however. The course isn't something you pass or fail, it is something you participate in. I was told this on the first one I did, because my approach was that if I said nothing, I couldn't give any wrong or flippant answers... The portly, patronising ex-copper told me that if I didn't participate, he wouldn't sign me off and I'd get the 3 points plus have to pay the fine.

I actually found the first one I did quite interesting. In particular the lack of knowledge and observational skills of people who don't either drive for a living or ride a bike. The school-run mums were by far the worst...

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i nipped down at lunch and handed the paperwork in ( i live 3 miles from the central ticket office ) so will see what they come back with.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:48 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having nearly 15 years of issues/discomfort with a hernia, I finally had surgery Monday to resolve it.

However I forgot how immobile you become and how bunged up codeine makes you. The fact it's around my stomach section means it's hard to sit/stand then lay, also uncomfortable to even use the loo.

I had less discomfort when I fractured my spine Laughing

I need to find something fairly constructive to do because I get bored easily and sitting on the sofa napping is not really helping!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know how I got my hernia but I recall the recovery.

Pretty remarkable that I went to see the GP and received the operation 6 weeks later.

Felt absolutely brilliant when I came round. The next day I had to roll out of bed onto my knees and just about managed to get dressed.

Told not to drive for 5-6 weeks and to be honest there was no way I wanted to knacker the operation so duly dossed around and played guitar and cleaned the bikes...and kit..and shed..and music room.

Kept away from the painkillers ...although I'm pretty sure I did take the bung-you-up stuff for a week.
Keep drinking and don't do too much too soon even if you think the healing is well on its way.

PS I had the mesh repair. My manly pubes cover the scar..Can send pics for money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. wrote:
I need to find something fairly constructive to do because I get bored easily and sitting on the sofa napping is not really helping!

Baldur's Gate 3 or Ghost of Tsushima Smile

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 23 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual reality and iRacing.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:06 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I didn't know how I got my hernia but I recall the recovery.

Pretty remarkable that I went to see the GP and received the operation 6 weeks later.

Felt absolutely brilliant when I came round. The next day I had to roll out of bed onto my knees and just about managed to get dressed.

Told not to drive for 5-6 weeks and to be honest there was no way I wanted to knacker the operation so duly dossed around and played guitar and cleaned the bikes...and kit..and shed..and music room.

Kept away from the painkillers ...although I'm pretty sure I did take the bung-you-up stuff for a week.
Keep drinking and don't do too much too soon even if you think the healing is well on its way.

PS I had the mesh repair. My manly pubes cover the scar..Can send pics for money.

Yeah I'd say it's about the same here. Rolling onto knees, uncomfortable moving etc.

No pics needed, I can see my own, but it was significantly less keyhole (unless we are talking 1800's prison keys) than I thought.

I cant really sit and play games at my desk so I'm relegated to Xbox on the TV downstairs.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 24 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sure you’re not like my friend that decided to do some light gardening thus wrecking the repair. He’s back to managing the rupture with a hernia belt and pulls his knee to chest every time he sneezes or coughs.

You’re relatively young, you’ll heal quickly and smart enough to find things to occupy your time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 25 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next door neighbours are having their whole house re-rendered, so I have scaffolding front and back, and the builders haven't bothered to pick up after themselves: some sort of plastic venting, parts of the wooden fence, fag butts, drink cans, mesh from their masks, plaster blobs, big black cable ties, all sorts of shite.

The dog keeps bringing in bits of concrete and trying to eat them. Mad Brick Wall As well as that, she is scared to go out there. I hadn't realised until last week when I spent a day in the office - looks like she was too scared to go out the cat flap to do her biz in the garden (usually we go for a couple of walks each day) but she ended up constipated and actually cried when she finally did a poo, the poor little bugger.

She brings in chunks of ?insulating foam that they drop on the ground on my side of the fence, not to mention sharp bits of metal - something or other that the render sticks to (? I dont fucking know, all I care about is that it has sharp and pointy bits).

Its been weeks and I can't really go out there and enjoy my garden as there's a set of double ladders chained up beside my garden shed (its hardly a huge garden, the ladders take up a third of the space).

So I went garrity and swept the whole garden (where I can reach): weeds, all the foam, dust and shite they have left in the back alley, dogshit and all, and scooped it into a bin-liner and left it outside their house. Fuck it, the builders have to get a skip at some point, they can put it in there.

/whinge Laughing Mrs Grouchy

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:50 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The dog keeps bringing in bits of concrete and trying to eat them. but she ended up constipated and actually cried when she finally did a poo, the poor little bugger.

i think id probably cry on the loo if i ate concrete to be honest.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to a local restaurant last night. on the menu it mentioned that they cook using oil from genetically modified soy.
wont be going again .

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:25 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
went to a local restaurant last night. on the menu it mentioned that they cook using oil from genetically modified soy.
wont be going again .

Your tin foil hat is in the post.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
wont be going again .

Have you noticed any superpowers yet?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
wont be going again .

Have you noticed any superpowers yet?

yeah, i had the power to shit through the eye of a needle this morning.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 26 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Your tin foil hat is in the post.

You take the anti-Greenpeace position?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 28 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC Reporting Scotland Sports.

Scotland's Cricket World Cup team will play their opening match against England in Barbados.

The daft kunt reporting pronounced Caribbean as,

Ca-rib-ee-an. That silly North American way. Rolling Eyes
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179
Page 179 of 179