Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Phone calls...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 20:29 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Phone calls... Reply with quote

HI

Got home from work today, 3 messages from the same number on my answer machine
All blank, nothing at all

About 10 minutes ago, we got another 2 calls, and when you pick up, it is just blank again, like no-one is there

The number is 0870 6060825
Do you think this is some kind of scam, like one of those 'call them back at a high charge thingies' ??

I did a Google on the number, but no joy

Cheers Jxx

Knowlsey
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:32 - 03 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

its telly sales, if it goes blank and nobody says hello for about 4 to 5 seconds, this is because its an automated dial out service, until they spot that you have picked the phone up to plug you in so they can say hello My name is................from...............are you interested in blar de blar, and they wont talk to the machine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 03:27 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just called the number from the office here and it's British Gas - so I guess they aren't trying to scam you Very Happy

Parmo Paul
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 07:19 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register with the Telephone Preference Servise an this should cut out telemarketing calls to your home number.

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ have a read of th page then click register at the bottom.

I was having a fair few of these "quiet" calls from automated systems. But once registered a coupl of yars ago and I've not had one since. Smile Thumbs Up

Laura
Playboy Bunny

PostPosted: 10:14 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parmo Paul wrote:
Register with the Telephone Preference Servise an this should cut out telemarketing calls to your home number.

https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ have a read of th page then click register at the bottom.

I was having a fair few of these "quiet" calls from automated systems. But once registered a coupl of yars ago and I've not had one since. Smile Thumbs Up

But remember if you willingly give your number out and do not tick te no telesales box then we can still ring you

The amount of people i get at work saying were are on TPS im like were not cold calling. You gave us your number dumbass.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 04 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was getting 2 or 3 of these fecking calls everyday!!

I registerd with that BT privacy thing & I havnt had one since Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1