Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Whats the best?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter via View Category
View previous topic : View next topic  

debdimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:04 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Whats the best? Reply with quote

Camera Phone?

I'm looking for a good Camera phone, I have a Samsung E500 its total pants when it comes to the camera....I'd like one that takes decent pictures when at gigs.

Any advice?

Embarassed Sorry I got a E500 not a 700 Embarassed

Last edited by debdimps on 11:07 - 06 Feb 2006; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a camera, and a phone instead Thumbs Up

You'll get better quality for your money.

debdimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:12 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how crappy the pic's are on the E500

I know it would make sense to just get a decent camera but i really want a decent camera phone Rolling Eyes

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has a D600, it's got a 2mp camera.
Nice quality too, here's one that I took but had to reduce the size. Shocked

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot

PostPosted: 11:37 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My better half has got a Sony-Erricson K750i, with a 2mp camera. She's taken some quite good photos with it, but only outdoors.

You just won't get enough light at a gig to take good photos with a camera phone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sony w800i its supposedly 2 mega pixels, but its not as good as 2 megapixel camera. Still its bloody good compared to the rest, i took this one yesterday on mine...

EDIT: oh and for you boys/girls heres a couple of pics of jordan who was in Norwich last week signing books with her hedgehog looking husband.

debdimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:55 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshAL wrote:

You just won't get enough light at a gig to take good photos with a camera phone.

Sad oh

I've seen other people with camera phones at gigs, their pics seem clear and much better than mine.

Anyone got a Nokia N70 it has a 3G camera...whats that mean?

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nokia N70's are rather good phones, does everything you could imagine apart from cook the sink and wash the pots, but the camera is excellent quality!

Or if your looking for cheaper than the one about or any others listed. Nokia 6230i's are only £150 and have 1.3 megapixel.

But for decent camera, id reccommend the above phone and any others that have been mentioned.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:00 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

to get good pictures on the D500 you need to take them at hight resolution and play with brightness setting and possibly have the flash on. Because it uses a web cam style webcam you have to hold the camera still for a few seconds whilst it scans the image or else it turns out blurry. Realistically though for gigs I'd get a digital camera as the image quality is soooooooo superior to a phone.

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:14 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

W800i, definitely!

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 12:16 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, if one was inclined you could crack one off, the qualities so good Laughing Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

RealNinja
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted before, but I thought I would share the quality of the 6230i camera.....

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=24030

debdimps
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:09 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thankyou for the replies

I've had a play with the D500 settings, will see how the pics turn out so thanks for that craigie b

I'll go to the carphone warehouse near me and have a look at the Nokia and the Sony

Thumbs Up thanks again Thumbs Up

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 13:38 - 06 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries. you'll be surprised at the quality of them once you figure out what are the best settings for different environments. By no means brilliant but very good for a phone IMO Wink Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter via View Category All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1