Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Winter olympics

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:22 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Winter olympics Reply with quote

Well im sure we will all be shedding a tear as the olympics draw to a close, but at least we will have our memories of this feast of sport.
What has been your favourite event ?

In my opinion the only thing worth watching has been the mens ice hockey Thumbs Up

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer the winter olympics to the normal summer ones.
The ice hockey is always a must Thumbs Up Although i am quite a winter sports fan (although i dont actually do any of them yet Shocked ) so i have watched a fair bit of them Thumbs Up

Bit of a shame that Britain only won 1 medal thou Thumbs Down

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 25 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bit of a shame that Britain only won 1 medal thou
Which one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 01:23 - 26 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched a second of it, unless you count the Top Gear special.

Most of them seem to be total non-sports. I vaguely understand why people would want to compete in them, but not why people would want to watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!

PostPosted: 00:16 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the figure skating where that chinese bird fell, twisted both her knees, landed in a box splits and then still got up and won a silver (sheds a tear)

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 27 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im actually a bit upset its finished, now i have nothing to watch whilst just aimlessly ambling around the house on my own Confused

This years olympics were actually pretty impressive i think! I dont know if this is just because i watched more of it than previous ones, i duno. But this year i even sat down and watched an hour of curling Shocked

My favourite was the snowboard cross i think! Especially with the womens final.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats what she gets for showing off. "Being a freestyler, it was a natural reaction to pull the board to try and balance in the crosswind that became me"... Bullshit. You wanted to show off and failed. HAHA!

A-side from snowboarding because i love it, the Skeleton and Luge are always something seriously special, just the insanity of it all appeals to me Thumbs Up

Didnt watch a second of the ice dancing thingy, that bores me. Although i did love watching the speed skating, once again, another insanely crazy event. Especially the 5 team relay on the last day, lmfao they just ran out in front of their team members, who just pushed them into the turn from their ass, rofl i was in tears almost, loved that! Thumbs Up

Pretty sweet! Roll on the summer olympics now - and days upon days of fecking running... Rolling Eyes

Although at least they have the veladrome (*sp?)... cant remember much about the summer olympics now, bound to be boring tho...

So to round up - GFG Torino!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 03 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My favourite was the snowboard cross i think! Especially with the womens final.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats what she gets for showing off. "Being a freestyler, it was a natural reaction to pull the board to try and balance in the crosswind that became me"... Bullshit. You wanted to show off and failed. HAHA!

Mwaah ha ha ha HHAAAAAA!!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder. I remember my mate telling me about this in the pub. I've only managed to find this story about it so far. If anyone knows a link with a vid I'm sure I'd enjoy watching that over and over and over again.

https://www.mcall.com/sports/olympics/all-olymsnowcrossfeb18,0,3147379.story

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 04 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

VivaCity wrote:
Quote:
Bit of a shame that Britain only won 1 medal thou
Which one?

A silver in the womens skeleton Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1