Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Riders wanted for trip to Athens...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 18:31 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Riders wanted for trip to Athens... Reply with quote

Hey everyone

Myself and two friends are looking to ride from London to Athens over the summer, passing Amsterdam, Rome, and eventually to Athens. We plan to take between one and two weeks doing this. However, we have never done anything this big before and think it'd be the right thing to do to see if anyone would be up for riding part or the whole way with us. After all, a group would be much safer, and more fun, than the three of us getting lost and intimidated by the 1400 or so miles in front of us.

Anyone want to go to Rome?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:18 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

interested .but what ferry crossing are you useing to get to athens ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:21 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure 100%, but my girlfriend can hopefully sort that all out for us. We only thought of it yesterday, so the plans have just started to develop.

panrider
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:40 - 02 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

here ya go matt
https://www.ferries.gr

TOM M
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be interested, depends on how much cash i can save from the last installment of me student loan

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might help if you say what ages and sexes the group is comprised of, and also what bikes.

I, for instance, would not want to go touring with a bunch of lads in their early 20s on scooters! Mr. Green

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:00 - 12 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, well I'm 20, the others are 20 and 28. RVF400, CBR400, CBR600. Not the oldest, or biggest biked group in the world! But certainly not bloody scooters Shocked

Scorpius
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:49 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Tom, I'm interested as long as the student loan holds out Thumbs Up

derbisenda16
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:00 - 13 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Riders wanted for trip to Athens... Reply with quote

mattgt wrote:
Hey everyone

Myself and two friends are looking to ride from London to Athens over the summer, passing Amsterdam, Rome, and eventually to Athens. We plan to take between one and two weeks doing this. However, we have never done anything this big before and think it'd be the right thing to do to see if anyone would be up for riding part or the whole way with us. After all, a group would be much safer, and more fun, than the three of us getting lost and intimidated by the 1400 or so miles in front of us.

Anyone want to go to Rome?

I'll Come on my 50 Razz

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:42 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking

Bump this closer to the time. I could well be interested. Thumbs Up

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 01:57 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you reckon this will cost in total fuel,food,acomdation etc?
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV

baz g
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:36 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you decide to go through France, www.speedferries.com are doing cheep deals. I just got £19 each way. If you need any info on Germany give us a shout and ill see what i can find out.

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git

PostPosted: 16:05 - 14 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

baz g wrote:
IF you decide to go through France, www.speedferries.com are doing cheep deals. I just got £19 each way. If you need any info on Germany give us a shout and ill see what i can find out.

Now that is a good site - one for my bookmarks Very Happy

Cheers Thumbs Up

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is this trip?

EDIT/ Your looking at 6 days each way.

GBUK101
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:03 - 06 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when is the trip then? Do you have any confirmed dates or are you still looking?

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:59 - 06 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid due to certain problems... No money and a certain break up with the girlfriend who lives in greece, I cannot do it. From the feedback on this topic and one or two others, there seems to be quite a few people who'd be up for it, I think it'd still be a great idea and I'd be very jealous! Instead I'm going to work all summer, then go for the student gumball rally in september, which sounds like a laugh

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:40 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the student gumball rally?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mattgt
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:05 - 09 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the student gumball rally is basically a cheaper version of the real thing. from england to croatia i think, over 5 days. search it on google, you'll find it near the top. i think you're too late to enter a team, but you can add yourself to the waiting list. sounds like fun!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1