Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Pupil stabs teacher - what has this country become.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:13 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversely....

https://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/dwayne-johnson-reveals-that-his-older-looks-made-school-friends-think-he-was-an-undercover-cop-6764860/

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

There’s no need (looking at you Mr Polarbear) to start some sort of diatribe about diversity, values or modern mores.

It is what it is.

Why shouldn't I, anymore than why shouldn't you turn round and say it's just a one off incident? You are entitled to your opinion that to quote you 'it is what it is.'

I however think is a result of a very sick society for many reasons and I'm entitled as you to say that. You call it a 'diatribe about diversity, values or modern mores', I regard it as a legitimate observation on the failures of modern society which include those very aspects you are happy to disregard.

We might as well agree to disagree as neither of us will change our views.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:01 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds of all of that actually being relevant in tewksbury is really unlikely. Middle class town for middle class people. Diversities tolerated but largely ignored.

You have to remember I'm from Bath.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You really think a bearded adult would have passed as a child....?

Nah, nobody would buy it....Would they?

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/29/00/30AB3CE200000578-0-image-a-20_1454027860438.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:09 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know thats a student and could be a 6th former for amongst 2nd years for all you know.

There were 6 formers in my year 30 years ago in somerset that were hulking gert guys.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
How do you know thats a student and could be a 6th former for amongst 2nd years for all you know.

There were 6 formers in my year 30 years ago in somerset that were hulking gert guys.

'Claimed to be 14: Saad Alsaud is reported to have been the fastest 14-year-old in Sweden, dwarfing younger boys and girls in a running event'

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:51 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point. However, I don't see how you equate this with a provincial town in gloucester.

The olds are it's a kid who has been bullied and finally gone postal and the teacher got in the way.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The odds of all of that actually being relevant in tewksbury is really unlikely. Middle class town for middle class people. Diversities tolerated but largely ignored.

What about the pupils who don't speak English as their first language?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The olds are it's a kid who has been bullied and finally gone postal and the teacher got in the way.

I could believe that. Teachers are fervent advocates of victim blaming.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:44 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

What about the pupils who don't speak English as their first language?

Judging by what I hear in our provincial town it'll be polish.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:48 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making a huge amount of assumptions at the same time as getting arsey at other people for making assumptions.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:55 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Fair point. However, I don't see how you equate this with a provincial town in gloucester.

grr666 wrote:
The Government have been sprinkling boat people everywhere just of late

Which may go some way to explain this. Hilariously portraying the influx as a stream of mostly women and children. Liar

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:02 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving money to refugees doesn't mean boat people are in tewksbury.

Still thinking disaffected kid threatened with fight brought knife and teacher jumped in.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as I said, we'll likely never know because they won't name someone under 18 in the press regardless of if they
are from Mars or Milton Keynes. They would need to have killed the guy for there to even have been a chance of that.
Refugees.... Laughing Righto. Thumbs Up I miss the days when nobody took a shank to school, seems more utopian than what we're
heading toward at full steam now.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teachers getting slotted isn't something new

There was a kid in my town about 25 years ago tried to stabbed a teacher in eye with a pen over a relatively minor slight.

Ann McGuire got stabbed at corpus chisti in leeds in 2014, incidentally both perpetrators where white males

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I miss the days when nobody took a shank to school, seems more utopian than what we're heading toward at full steam now.

I was at secondary school 20 years ago and there were some pretty damn nasty fights back then. I once saw somebody stabbed in the face with a compass, and on another occasion also I saw a can of pepper spray get let off through a bus window as part of a rival school fight.

A few years later at college there was a mass fight with a number of stabbings and around the same era I found myself mixed up in a couple of situations involving weapons including moves.

Perhaps if you go back another decade or two it might change, but I'm pretty certain I grew up in the same general area as you (Romford/Havering) and I always recall there being some pretty rough areas nearby.

There have been a lot of changes around here for better and for worse, but I wouldn't say it's all that much worse in terms of violence generally speaking.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 10 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Teachers getting slotted isn't something new

There was a kid in my town about 25 years ago tried to stabbed a teacher in eye with a pen over a relatively minor slight.

Ann McGuire got stabbed at corpus chisti in leeds in 2014, incidentally both perpetrators where white males

Philip Lawrence is another infamous one:
https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5d020093240000300f8b5761.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale&format=webp

He (the killer) occasionally resurfaces in the news for negative reasons.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:

I was at secondary school 20 years ago and there were some pretty damn nasty fights back then. I once saw somebody stabbed in the face with a compass, and on another occasion also I saw a can of pepper spray get let off through a bus window as part of a rival school fight.

20 years ago I was still old enough to have kids of my own in secondary school. Laughing As I mentioned in another thread
recently, my sister is a schools Police officer in Greenwich, she and four others are permanently assigned to 7 schools
in the area, knife crime specifically is a big issue. We never needed such things when I was young, yeah sure there were
fights, I went to a Dagenham comprehensive, hardly Eton by any measure, but it rarely escalated beyond fists.
The worst thing I remember happening is someone's older brother (who had left school years previously) came
in and chinned a teacher for giving his younger brother detention or something daft like that. That was considered
quite a shocking thing, that someone from outside school would march into a classroom during a lesson and tw@t a
teacher in front of all of us. Then again, We still had the cane for my first couple of years in secondary school, it
was banned when I started the 3rd year and it was just starting to get unruly as I was about to leave school in 1989
once the kids coming through school behind me had had a few years of zero discipline and zero deterrent. True
story, my sister (who is now the respectable one out of the two of us) was expelled from the same school for attempted
arson because she was smoking in the girls toilets and piddling about trying to melt one of the loo roll holders with her
lighter. Unlike me, she never got caned but as I like to remind her, I never got expelled. Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:47 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once twatted someone full force across the back of the head with a chair in a French class, resulting in the chair smashing and the recipient being laid flat out.

That was the culmination of weeks/months of niggling bullying both verbal and physical effectively stemming from me being the youngest in the class and the other party being the oldest having been held back a year (So I'd have been 12 and he'd have been 15, he was a fuck of a lot bigger than me). As I recall I snapped after the third time he'd walked past me in that class and rapped me on the crown of the head with a knuckle.

That could have killed him on a bad/unlucky day. Thinking back, if I'd had a knife, I'd probably have tried to stab him with it at that point because I'd completely lost the plot. We were both given detention.

I'll say one thing, he never came near to me again after that day. I've seen the guy walking about town since, he's now a sad, unemployed wanker with small man issues.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
c_dug wrote:

As I mentioned in another thread
recently, my sister is a schools Police officer in Greenwich, she and four others are permanently assigned to 7 schools
in the area, knife crime specifically is a big issue. We never needed such things when I was young

We had a full time police officer at school but that was a diversity school. The school's attitude was keep it outside the school gates, which they never properly achieved, and it just meant students used to get robbed and stabbed before they even made it to the main road.

stinkwheel wrote:
I once twatted someone full force across the back of the head with a chair in a French class, resulting in the chair smashing...

https://media.tenor.com/I01Wu3Z5aLUAAAAC/homer-simpsons.gif

stinkwheel wrote:
I'll say one thing, he never came near to me again after that day. I've seen the guy walking about town since, he's now a sad, unemployed wanker with small man issues.

Exactly what you need to do. That's (one of many reasons) why I hated my school, they expelled both parties involved so kids were penalised for standing up against bullies, and for stuff a bit less severe than breaking furniture over people Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:12 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I once twatted someone full force across the back of the head with a chair in a French class, resulting in the chair smashing and the recipient being laid flat out.

That was the culmination of weeks/months of niggling bullying both verbal and physical effectively stemming from me being the youngest in the class and the other party being the oldest having been held back a year (So I'd have been 12 and he'd have been 15, he was a fuck of a lot bigger than me). As I recall I snapped after the third time he'd walked past me in that class and rapped me on the crown of the head with a knuckle.

That could have killed him on a bad/unlucky day. Thinking back, if I'd had a knife, I'd probably have tried to stab him with it at that point because I'd completely lost the plot. We were both given detention.

I know the kunt you're on about.

On a clear day, we can see that lump on his head from Glasgow Green.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 11 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

We had a full time police officer at school but that was a diversity school.

In Greenwich where my sister has to seperate armed ethnics and confiscate their knives on the daily, I
sincerely doubt there's any other kind. But all cultures are equal etc. Rolling Eyes I doubt the same blight on this scale
has reached places like Cornwall yet, but the Government are doing their best to make sure it does with their
liberal Laughing sprinkling of foreign shit into every unspoilt area, in the interests of equality. Why should anyone
get to send their kids to school without the risk of them being attacked by a foreign savage? What's good for London
and all that. If everywhere is as stabby as London it won't stand out quite as much. I think that's the logic here.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 12 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
M.C wrote:

In Greenwich where my sister has to seperate armed ethnics and confiscate their knives on the daily, I
sincerely doubt there's any other kind. But all cultures are equal etc. Rolling Eyes I doubt the same blight on this scale
has reached places like Cornwall yet, but the Government are doing their best to make sure it does with their
liberal Laughing sprinkling of foreign shit into every unspoilt area, in the interests of equality. Why should anyone
get to send their kids to school without the risk of them being attacked by a foreign savage? What's good for London
and all that. If everywhere is as stabby as London it won't stand out quite as much. I think that's the logic here.

There's definitely been a change in tactics in recent years. Maybe it's because cities like London can't take anymore people, or maybe it's as you say because there can't be a contrast.

The upside might be as more people are impacted more will start caring, and if they keep dumping people in 'nice' areas, it'll impact those who matter, as apposed to the apathy shown towards those in towns and cities, that have had to deal with it for generations now.

You can probably tell I do have a little schadenfreude Smile

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 12 Jul 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
M.C wrote:

Have you considered switching to decaf?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4