BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bf2 new ranks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was, but i think it's seen as cheating if you play a ranked server with ff off. Also there are some rooftops where they can shoot you but you can't shoot them so it's a glitch really. I like tho how you can finally lay mines without a team mate punishing every secound..

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
Yes it was, but i think it's seen as cheating if you play a ranked server with ff off. Also there are some rooftops where they can shoot you but you can't shoot them so it's a glitch really. I like tho how you can finally lay mines without a team mate punishing every secound..

True, people need to look more when they're in vehicles. If I get TKed and I can see it was my fault/accident then I never punish, annoying how many people do though.

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Ea needs to sort out punishing. It ruins the game because even if they see a claymore/atmine they will run over it for some reason just to punish you. I only punish when they don't say sorry Smile

zaknafien

PostPosted: 13:26 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punish is the gayest thing ever to be seen on an FPS, especially when your flying a full chopper and a plane rams you and YOU get hit with tk'ing the lot!

Naturally they all punish and off the server you go.

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also need to change the symbols for mines/claymores and C4. They all look the same with red skulls and you dont know if its safe to move past or not

i.e its C4 not a claymore on the ground, so you faff around trying to check and you get shot.

there should be different symbols for each and they should be CLEAR damnit EA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got this game, however I dont have a internet connection yet!!!

Getting it put in pay day, do the BCF guys n gals play online?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once, I was about to jump into a chopper for the gunner position with the pilot already on board. But, he wanted his bum chum in the gunner seat and pulled away from me, when he then came back down to pick up his mate, he flattened me!
'right!' I thought,
So, I mingled around for a few minutes, shooting random objects n stuff, then I notice them spawn again and make a run for the helipad. Cool
standing there like sitting ducks, Out comes my noob tube!
Have that ya cnuts! Twisted Evil
Chopper is mine & they spend the rest of the round crying coz I tk'd for the chopper.
Great fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kaben
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, when im not in china!

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:08 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry daz was typing as I was watching Shocked

I think the quad + c4 is the best kamikaze weapon Wink Im not fan of c4 cause I can never get the detonator out in time but im fucking leathel with the noob tube and the f2000 or any sniper Wink

And I have a thing for the ak74 and the medic class Shocked

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

More changes.... Shocked More weapons Very Happy Just in time for my squad server to go up. Thumbs Up Look out for UF SERVER. Wink Dam they are expensive Evil or Very Mad
F2000 sucks donkey schlong, ak101 is THE ultimate gun. Wink Razz

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB you've got a server?

Nb
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i said my squad, i meant the squad that im in. Wink But its pretty much the same thing, a few of us have chipped in a fair bit for a 3 months rental. Its a multiplay.co.uk server (32 slot ranked) which should be up by friday.
It will be running special forces one week and then normal bf2 the next. Bit of variety. Mr. Green
All are welcome to join once its up and running Thumbs Up My bf2 name is [uf]boil Razz

matt89
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:21 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i download this game or do i need 2 go and buy it from somewhere?

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 08 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download it from EA.com (its not free though!)

& you'll need to download the new patch.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know when exactly this new patch is coming out?

I'm glad there making Heli's weaker and AA more effective, to be honest that's why I never play maps like Wake and Dalian anymore, too annoying just getting constantly owned by people in choppers and jets.

All about Karkand and Mashtuur Thumbs Up.

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the EA website:

Community Update - 1/31/06

Hello everyone,

As I pretty much expected, there is some last minute news to pass along. There’s some good and some not so good news but, hopefully, the good outweighs the not so good.

First, I’ll start with the bad news to get it out of the way. We have held onto the 1.2 patch a little longer than we had initially planned. We really felt that it was important to delay the patch and take care of some of the issues that have had the community concerned. This means that it will be released sometime in the next two or three weeks. This, unfortunately, means that the Euro Force Booster Pack will be delayed as well since it relies on the patch. Look for Euro Force to be released in the latter half of February now.
Also, another bit of bad news is that the new feature that allows player to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back. In the end, we felt it just wasn’t complete enough for public consumption. We at DICE apologize to all of you who were eagerly awaiting this feature.

I hope that the reasons for the delays are seen as positive by you, the community, and therefore I list these reasons as the good news portion of this update.

The following issues were addressed:
Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been addressed on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently.
The distance for throwing hand grenades, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased.
And finally…
The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
Regarding the last point, what we have done is make the code more secure to try and prevent any cases where this bug may occur. Since the fix has been in place, we have had no reproduction of the bug in testing.

We’re excited about being able to release 1.2 very soon and hope you all are too.

All the best,
AJ Marini (Community Manager DICE Canada)

Slickfish
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:03 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im not online yet, but I should be as of the 20th ish!
So I'll post in here agian once im up and running!!(trying to get weapons unlocks like hell! Rolling Eyes ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 17:53 - 09 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Thumbs Up

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 22:30 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its out ladies Wink

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a leaked version this morning Embarassed But i heard it's the same as the official. Seems better now, alot more easier to shoot down with the AA's.

I got ranked up to 2ND LT Smile (well not yet but it says i'm 100% there)
Can't wait to unlock the sniper, the noise is funny lol.

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
I got a leaked version this morning Embarassed But i heard it's the same as the official. Seems better now, alot more easier to shoot down with the AA's.

I got ranked up to 2ND LT Smile (well not yet but it says i'm 100% there)
Can't wait to unlock the sniper, the noise is funny lol.

WTF is going on with the ranks?

There's people the same rank as me yet they have unlocks already?

Confused

Misc
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, theres probably a delay. You should be getting a new rank tho right?

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 23:24 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on skill, say they go 100 kills with a sniper with no deaths they get a unlock. Wink

I didnt play for about 9 days and when I rejoined I had 3 unlocks Shocked Im nearly a gunnery sargent Shocked

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
It depends on skill, say they go 100 kills with a sniper with no deaths they get a unlock. Wink

I didnt play for about 9 days and when I rejoined I had 3 unlocks Shocked Im nearly a gunnery sargent Shocked

Thing is, I'm already a Gunnery Sergeant and people on the same rank as me have unlocks already. I'm already an expert in everything bar AT and support, so I cant see why other people have unlocks and I dont.

Only difference I've noticed is that my next rank up is now First Sergeant rather than Master Sergeant.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:09 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the unlocks bar the g36e for medic and scar-l for spec ops mainly because I now play support and infantry alot more.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 113 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4