Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Three Points or do a Course

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 22:38 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

No I'm not winding anyone up.
I think some are just reading the wrong papers.

If you really are not just trying to wind everyone up (and I find that difficult to believe) then it is you who have had the wrong papers rammed down your throat.

Walloper wrote:
RTA injurys and deaths are decreasing due to many factors.
Such as:
Better vehicle and road design.
Training for road users.
Speed control measures. (Whether physical or legislative).

Deaths are barely decreasing (check the graph here to show you how little they are now descreasing), despite massive improvements is vehicle and road design, training and extra speed control measure.

As such it would seem that either all those things have no real benefit, or one of them is so counterproductive that it negates the improvements from the others.

Walloper wrote:
I do not necessarily love speed traps or sleeping policemen but I know for a fact we brought them on ourselves by our hooligan attitude to road safety.

How so? They are installed because councils do not get their full budgets unless they have screwed up roads with "traffic calming" schemes.

Walloper wrote:
I do believe the best and most cost effective way to reduce accidents is by training and better design.

Fines and points do not stop accidents.

Agreed on both points.

Walloper wrote:
But camera schemes are paying for preventive steps.
And someone is making a profit from our misery.

They are not paying for much at all except for there own wages. Licence to print money for their own pay checks

Walloper wrote:
Contradict that and you prove yourself unwilling to learn.

I am quite willing to learn. Unfortunatly you have just posted badly thought out propaganda rather than facts and have shown yourself unwilling to listen when people have pointed out the gaping holes in the arguments you are repeating (one reason why I think you must be trying to wind people up for a laugh, rather than really meaning what you are saying).

All the best

Keith

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

JBurrows88
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha

Nice!!

I watched an accident few days ago ... u could see that it was goin to happen!

Somes was tail-gating mi friend (RS 125 -racing edition) and i was behind the car that was tail-gating - (this tail-gator overtook me on a roundabout -- and had a 25mph sticker in there car lol)

we were going down a 30/40 mph limit (with a bus lane) when a car swerved from the bus lane Question (no reason) Question My friend braked and went into bus lane but car behind went straight into the car that pulled out. Middle Finger Thumbs Up HAHAHA
2 driver take down (no 1 was hurt) Thumbs Up

The "average braking distance" is a bag of balls, its based on cars from almost 15/20 years ago

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:04 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Three Points or do a Course Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
There are strict government rules for camera schemes and one of them is that there needs to be two serious accidents at the location

Yes. But I guess that it doesn't say they have to happen before they put the scamera in.

https://www.bikepit.com/images-ext/speedcamera1.jpg

If the irony isn't thick enough, this location is outside a cemetary.
https://www.bikepit.com/images-ext/speedcamera2.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Three Points or do a Course Reply with quote

BFG wrote:
Walloper wrote:
There are strict government rules for camera schemes and one of them is that there needs to be two serious accidents at the location

Yes. But I guess that it doesn't say they have to happen before they put the scamera in.

If the irony isn't thick enough, this location is outside a cemetary.

So where do they bury the survivors?

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 18 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Three Points or do a Course Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:

At 30 you may kill some one if you hit them
At 35-40 you most probably will.

The way I see it is:

30mph - you might be able to stop, or at most cause injury.
40mph - probably kill or seriously injure
50mph - you've gone flying past the little fucker before he's even stepped out of the sweet shop so you are never even close to being a danger. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Re: Three Points or do a Course Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:
Walloper wrote:

At 30 you may kill some one if you hit them
At 35-40 you most probably will.

The way I see it is:

30mph - you might be able to stop, or at most cause injury.
40mph - probably kill or seriously injure
50mph - you've gone flying past the little fucker before he's even stepped out of the sweet shop so you are never even close to being a danger. Thumbs Up

We covered that earlier but we were maybe moving too fast. Laughing

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the whole thread Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 19 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

m99dws wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread Laughing

Oh I ken, I ken. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6