BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A very bad R1 crash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Villers
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 27 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone else host the video? No offense t the guy who hosted it before but it worked once and then stopped and won't work again Sad

superchoward
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:25 - 27 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

works now, or it did a minute ago Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ian_s
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 27 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for hosting that. To be fair I do not really see what else the people could do. Someone had called the ambulance, the women in the car was getting assistance, the biker looked dead from the start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 27 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the biker looks pretty much dead

DynaMight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.urg2.com/R1/ I think I found it

Oh, Also: https://www.cox.si/Blazek_xor/stuff/badr1accident.wmv

Damn, I'm good to you lot.

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 03:23 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Embarassed thats a fecking mess, that thing had to of been going sum!

not sure why there is a numpty walking around sticking a video camera in people faces either :/ also the video is over 7 mins long...... no sighn of a police can, an ambulance......

makes me happy to live in the uk Embarassed

RIP

jamie192
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:51 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a very bad situation. Its horrible how the rider is just laying there, obviously dead his hands are blue and everything and it looks like there checking for a heart beat and breathing. The people there didnt look like they had a clue what they were doing, it looked like they were kicking rhe exhaust and stuff to let the traffic get past, i know its like this in the uk but isnt that a accident scene which will have to be investigated to see whos fault it was? Also it looks like there trying to move the car or something which is pretty stupid as its mangled up onto a curb and there is probably petrol around whichs is very flammable and that whole place could of gone up in seconds.
Should they be moving the car driver she could have neck injuries that there making worse.
How did the bike get over there and the guy in another place, normally the rider goes in pretty much the same direction as the bike?

Unless all the people actually trying to help had there whole familys in the car it looked like a bit of an event to watch because the amount of people stood there watching not even trying to help is stupid.
whats going on with the emergency services, for those kind of places dont they have helicopters or something its egypt not the richest of places but im some there are some helicopters, things like this make you feel glad you live in the uk, at least people did stop, when my friend fell off it took a few people drive past for anyone to decide to help him.

They need some kind of direction from someone half capable to deal with that kind of situation and fatal injuries.

R.I.P Yamaha R1 rider.

superchoward
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:16 - 28 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there was much that could of been done, he was obviously dead at the scene of the accident. And from the look of the bike and how far apart the bits are spread out from it he was obviously going very fast. Also, the ambulances may of taken a long time to get there but it did look like it was in the middle of nowhere really, not as if it is in a busy town centre.

Chris

Last-of-the-nsr's
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 05:14 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the lack of respect they're showin for their comrade. Its obvious that their was a group of them an all theyre interested in is tapin one of them that was killed. RIP is all i can say! Poor guy, we don know the story so don go judgin anyone!!!!!

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 12:52 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

DynaMight wrote:
https://www.urg2.com/R1/ I think I found it

Oh, Also: https://www.cox.si/Blazek_xor/stuff/badr1accident.wmv

Damn, I'm good to you lot.

Thanks for that.

A real eye opener to how vunerable we all are, hey. Shocked

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:18 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie192 wrote:

How did the bike get over there and the guy in another place, normally the rider goes in pretty much the same direction as the bike?

Well, he T-Boned the side of the car as it turned across his path. On impact it ripped apart and went flying over the car with the rider, but obviously not along quite the same path. Incredible how one of his gloves came off. Things really go flying on impact.

Sad

DynaMight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:39 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I thought was 'He doesnt look to have any external injuries' At the speed he must had been travelling I'd have expected parts of his body to be missing...

I watched another one back along, It made this one look like The Telly Tubbies. They spent 3mins pulling his face out of the fence and picking up his brains.... It was quite nasty.

Mike_D
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:27 - 03 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus, i didn`t imagine that a bike can do that kind of damage to a car Crying or Very sad
the accident hapened in romania, i could tell by the indicators near the road

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes

PostPosted: 00:13 - 04 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, that was a shock. It's strange to see how people from other backgrounds cope with situations, if that would have been in england it's more than likely that the people will have been concentrated on rather than the bike. Also, many peices were being moved around despite the scene had not been investigated by professionals. Maybe it's just different in other countries.

R.I.P. R1 rider
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

paulodd
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:37 - 04 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected something bad, but not as bad as that. Like Mr Pants said, it does show how vunerable we all are. I know there are a lot of bike accidents that end in death, but i just hope it doesn't happen to me or any of you guys and gurls.

R.I.P to the guy and hope that his family can eventually get over it. But thats one thing i can't understand, how can someone whip out a camcorder and start filming something like this?!?

Ride safe all
Paul
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mantzy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:04 - 04 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, things work differently in different countries. All car drivers know they should keep a disposable camera in their glove compartment incase they crash to photograph the scene then and there. Perhaps thats what the chap with the video camera was doing. Still, his kicking of the can annoyed me too. The shakes the biker was having were pretty conclusive of death. As the body shuts down after a traumatic death it starts jerking, similar to that pig video that was on here recently.

In 7 minutes could you even get through to A&E over here let alone have it arrive?

R

dandit
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:36 - 04 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word OUCH poor guy how did he do that much damage to the car

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 07 Jan 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rider was likely to be speeding but yeah not nice at all. the guy may have kciked the can so it was away from the middle of the lane perhaps.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 159 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2