BCF: Bike Chat Forums

INSURANCE

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tom_N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:33 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: INSURANCE Reply with quote

Hello i want to buy some insurance with MCE. Has anyone else got insurance with them? What are they like? Since my house is newly built it is not showing up on there data base of addresses but my neighbours is. Would it be ok to use my name under my neighbours address?
Cheers
Tam
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not with them, but in general I think it's a no cos this means any correspondance will go there, any official body of any kind will go there looking for you if they ever need to, and it MAY invalidate your insurance policy, you would have to ask them and be specific about it..and record call if poss, they say it is alright, then if a claim need be made, they may say this particular technicality invalidates your policy, they will do anything to get out of paying a settlement (not them in particular) so be VERY careful & good luck Wink

Solarlite
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:12 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i think i'll be going with MCE for my next bike. I couldn't get any quotes under £800 until i gave them a ring, Under £400 Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tom_N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:40 - 17 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solarlite wrote:
Yeah, i think i'll be going with MCE for my next bike. I couldn't get any quotes under £800 until i gave them a ring, Under £400 Very Happy

I know they are great!! All my quotes were over £400 and now im quoted £149. its almost to good to be true. The excess is huge though.
Cheers
Tam

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:53 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is their number, have ti ring 'em as my renewall is due on the 24.12.06, cheapest quote so far was 215 quid, from a company ive not heard of before, and can't look in the internet history as just re-installed windows Mad
wot a b1tch! Neutral

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully I never had to use them. Apart from when I changed from my ped to my 125cc. That was very easy and quick, just told them what I wanted, identifyied myself and I was on the road as soon as the phone went down. No complaints from me. Thumbs Up

Tom_N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:07 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, There number is 08704606430 or go online and save 10% at https://www.mceinsurance.com/index.htm i do not know what they are like with customers as i bought online but they are cheap. Good luck with the quote Karma
Cheers
Tam

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 18 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use MCE. They gave me an excellent quote first time around and when it came to renewal, they undercut all my other quotes (despite at first being a little bit more). If you haggle with them, they will go out and get you a cheaper quote. They're a broker, so they just find you an insurance product rather than actually provide the insurance. If your insurance from MCE is provided by Equity Red Star, it's just the same product as insurance from Bennett's that is underwritten by Equity Red Star. They underwrote mine last year. This year MCE have got KGM to underwrite my insurance. MCE also bundle breakdown recovery and legal cover with all their bike insurance, included in the quote price.

I ran a poll about insurance not long ago. The outcome was that people suggested just using the cheapest quote (even if it was cheapest by only a few pence) rather than using any specific company.

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late adding to this but I thought I'd just add that I called MCE last week for a quote.
I was paying £210 with Carole Nash last year. Initially the quote was £270 but I got it down after phoning else where. this year though the renewal notice came in with prices up to £387 Shocked
Fuck that I though, they've had their chance, I'm sure I could have pushed them down again but couldn't be bothered.

After phoning a few companies and getting quotes of £180ish basic FC cover) I called MCE. The girl asked how much I was looking to pay Laughing I said between £150 and £180, she replied with " If i can get it under £150 will you buy it today ?" I could hardly refuse seeing as it included the breakdown cover. As it turned out she couldn't get it under the £150 but got it for £151.75 FC instead. Thumbs Up

MarkJ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with them, got a quote for £600, next was 800 then 900!

Louise
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with MCE, cheapest I found. Almost 200 cheaper then others.
Not had a prob with them yet.
Excess is like 150 I think.

Finglonga
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 28 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had to make a claim with MCE? They may be te cheapest around but are they any good? Just wondering....... Confused

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:05 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:
Has anyone had to make a claim with MCE? They may be te cheapest around but are they any good? Just wondering....... Confused

MCE are a broker. They sell you a policy with another company and bundle in breakdown / legal insurance (with other companies). If you have a claim, the service depends on the company providing the insurance. My original quote was for Insurance via Equity Red Star (exactly the same company that Bennett's quoted me from). MCE brought it down even more with a quote via a company called KGM.

lightfoot256
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:10 - 29 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

With MCE...

When I signed up, I played around with the online quote form a couple times and noticed it was messing up my DOB switching the days and months around... I put the quote through as if I was 21, gave em a rang and told em there was a fault with their system!

They didn't quite give me the quote that I was shown but only added another 20 quid!!! So instead of paying 240, I got away with 180!, lol.

Not sure how they got around paying for it, or weather they took the hit themselves... never made a claim though...

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1