Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ZX6r J1 front discs - need help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

dmh
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 07 Apr 2010    Post subject: ZX6r J1 front discs - need help Reply with quote

Im sure this has been done to death, so please point me in the right direction is it has, but i cant find any relevant topics.

The time has come to change the front discs due to the seemingly unneccesary power of the zx6's 6pot brakes.

I have looked at ebc's and armstrong's on various online shops, the cheapest being the armstrong's for 260 for two. has anyone got any experience with either?

Also with a price of r£160 for a pair, I'm going to give Ebay's Kagzume's a miss

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBC are too budget imo, poor quality.

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noxious89123 wrote:

I've got an EBC on my TZR. With the Goldfren pads I have fitted it's fine.

TUG
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noxious89123 wrote:

Never had an EBC pad fail yet and i fit them to loads of bikes. Never fitted a EBC disc but i've never had one fail on me (had one already on a bike, cant remember which).

dmh
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys.

just found bitzforbike that will do me a pair of EBCs for £253 with postage,will go with these as i am tight for cash. would prefer wavy but id rather spend a little less

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 08 Apr 2010    Post subject: Re: ZX6r J1 front discs - need help Reply with quote

dmh wrote:
Im sure this has been done to death, so please point me in the right direction is it has, but i cant find any relevant topics.

The time has come to change the front discs due to the seemingly unneccesary power of the zx6's 6pot brakes.

I have looked at ebc's and armstrong's on various online shops, the cheapest being the armstrong's for 260 for two. has anyone got any experience with either?

Also with a price of r£160 for a pair, I'm going to give Ebay's Kagzume's a miss

Im sure you could find a set of second hand OEM parts for about £50 Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dmh
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Re: ZX6r J1 front discs - need help Reply with quote

Damon wrote:
dmh wrote:

Im sure you could find a set of second hand OEM parts for about £50 Thumbs Up

that is true, although i dont think i would trut a second hand pair from ebay.. if they too are warped, then likely going to be more hassle returning them.. you know what some people are like!

dmh
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting update.

went into the local bike shop and had a chat with the mechanic (also a family friend), and got him to test the discs using the rolling road (or whatever its called). with a constant grasp of the front brake lever, the Kg braking force on the front wheel fluctuated between 48 and 68kg, meaning they are fooked. i asked him about armstrong/ebc discx and he came straight out with 'them ones of ebay, kagzume'. aparently one of the others in the shop had been using them on his TL with no problems and recomends them. so im tempted to try them.

and EBC HH pads are the ones to get too Thumbs Up

ms51ves3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wary about Kagizume discs.

Clicky

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 09 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmh wrote:
interesting update.

went into the local bike shop and had a chat with the mechanic (also a family friend), and got him to test the discs using the rolling road (or whatever its called). with a constant grasp of the front brake lever, the Kg braking force on the front wheel fluctuated between 48 and 68kg, meaning they are fooked. i asked him about armstrong/ebc discx and he came straight out with 'them ones of ebay, kagzume'. aparently one of the others in the shop had been using them on his TL with no problems and recomends them. so im tempted to try them.

and EBC HH pads are the ones to get too Thumbs Up

I had a kagzume rear disc on the zxr750 with no problem what so over. Its all about luck I guess
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1