Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cafe bike night help and advice

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
View previous topic : View next topic  

macstyle
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:03 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Cafe bike night help and advice Reply with quote

Hi, I have recently purchased a small tea room that is popular with bikers, but only open a few hours during the day. I am planning on opening until late every night of the week and have been asked by a few bikers if I will be having a bike night. I am not a biker so know nothing of bike nights. What is expected from a bike night in a small cafe? As I am planning on opening until around 10pm every night of the week bikers are welcome at any time so would I need to organise a set bike night or just welcome bikers any night of the week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:14 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts?

We have a local cafe place called the Oakdene.

The do stonking food at decent prices, enough seating for 40-50 or so bikers, fair bit of parking outside and are friendly as fuck. Do everything from cups of tea/coffee to full english breakfast and cakes Thumbs Up

They do a Wednesday night thing so open 4-9.30/10 or something.

Perhaps get something like that going? Depending on how your resources are inside the "tea room" of course.

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

macstyle
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:38 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Bike Night Reply with quote

Its in the centre of Driffield, East Yorkshire. Called The Riverhead. Here is the website from the current owner who I am taking over from on 28th May: www.theriverhead.com.

It has seating for 12 inside and around the same outside. The menu is a basic cafe menu - breakfasts, bacon/sausage sandwiches, jacket potatoes, sandwiches etc.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:45 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow thats small!

Erm, the parking seems fairly limited? Also is it fairly residential? Might start attracting hassle from the local curtain twitchy guys.

All the best with this though Thumbs Up

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are gonna do food please please please dont use the cheapest value crap stuff.

If the grub is good then the bikers will return!
Oh and make sure you have decent coffee n'all Thumbs Up

macstyle
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:05 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Bike Night Reply with quote

The food is going to be good quality local food as there are a lot of farms around here that produce their own meat. Not using wholesale/supermaket quality meats. The sausages and bacon I am going to use are produced on a farm a few miles away and often see the pigs in the fields that are used for the bacon. At the moment the current owner uses instant coffee, but I am installing a coffee machine to do lattes/cappucinos etc (made by hand, not by pressing a button) but will keep the instant Kenco on request incase anyone prefers a large instant coffee.

The photo doesn't really show the area well, there is a lot of on street parking and not too residential, there are some houses but there is a late night pub right next door that is open until the early hours and a college on the other side. The houses are a bit away. There is already a large number of bikers who use it during the weekend, will have to see how it goes during the evening and hope that due to the size of the cafe it will not attract too many bikers at the same time.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:37 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably pop in if its providing good food at good prices, as CaNsA says, quality products help!
Babba This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:07 - 12 May 2012    Post subject: Re: Bike Night Reply with quote

Babba wrote:
I have a reputation here.

Laughing

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:02 - 14 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good basic cafe food at a fair price is so obvious, all it needs is a few local guys to become regular & the word will slowly spread, a small notice board for flyers & adverts is a good addition to any wall, a few mags on a small table in a corner would be welcome, do a few small flyers for your cafe & evertime your out when you see a bike parked up wedge a flyer between the seat & tank & leave a few on the counter for visitors to take with them. Are you close to a main road ? with passing bikes, a sign stuck to a lamp post could draw some in. The best advert is allways a happy customer telling mates. There is a very small tea room on a main road by me, most sundays there's allways a few bikes outside, I didn't even know it was there untill I looked wondering why there was allways a few bikes parked on the side of the road just off some traffic lights, and it took a few efforts to see it was a tea room, bike nights as such quite often happens due to happy customers building up numbers over time, good luck.

Drake
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 14 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a issue of practical sports bikes if your going for any mags as it will intrest most of the biking population

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:57 - 18 May 2012    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the most important bit is clean toilets ??

andy_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 May 2012    Post subject: Re: Bike Night Reply with quote

macstyle wrote:
Its in the centre of Driffield, East Yorkshire. Called The Riverhead. Here is the website from the current owner who I am taking over from on 28th May: www.theriverhead.com.

It has seating for 12 inside and around the same outside. The menu is a basic cafe menu - breakfasts, bacon/sausage sandwiches, jacket potatoes, sandwiches etc.

Cool! That's a nice close run out for me!! (Scarborough)
You have got Seaways and Fimber as local competition but another venue is always good. Smile

As for using local meat etc... Karma
I go to the Driff farmers market each month to stock up on sausages, steak, veg etc. Can't beat the taste compared to the supermarket rubbish!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1