Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MCN CasHonda Off-Road Experience Day

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

david916
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 03:01 - 25 Jul 2004    Post subject: MCN CasHonda Off-Road Experience Day Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Anyone done one of these as I'm doing one next week in Northants. Got any good advice or tips?! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 12:59 - 25 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of tips are you after?

Off road days are a good way to get into it, is it MX track or green laning type of off roading?

Just take it easy and when in doubt, gas it... if you don't you'll end up flat on your face LOL be smooth with the throttle too and let the bike slide about a bit, it's normal and ok to slide as long as you stay upright Laughing

Stand up all the time too.... use your legs as further suspension Shocked Wink

Ask smoto bob or lee367 as they both off road more often than I have and no more about proper off roading.. only off roading I do is of the supermoto styley Twisted Evil (for the minute anyway, mwahaha)

TiN
Pocket Tin

PostPosted: 22:09 - 25 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a CAS Honda thing about 18 months ago down South in Ringwood. From my experience, the guys running the event are as cool as you can get - they offered help and encouragement when you needed it (such as helping you start the bike the again when you drop it... Rolling Eyes Embarassed).

In terms of riding, you'll probably be told not to cover the clutch or front brake, and if you're feeling wobbly, just crack open the throttle! Laughing You'd be surprised...

In terms of the day, remember to bring plenty of fluids and energy foods. The experience will be knackering, but make the most of it. We had three different models to try out last time - XR100s, XR250s and XR400s. I spent most of the day on the 250s, and did a few laps on the dinky 100s. Hopefully you'll get CRFs nowadays though...

Just have fun! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:17 - 25 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main advice would be as yams said; Stand up, this gives you better control of the bike and allows you to make corrections to the steering easier.

next tip, if your on a motocross bike like a kx or cr, sit as far forward as you can, this ensures front end grip when cornering and makes sure the front doesn't 'wash out.'

Final tip. never give up, you will come off many times but don't be put off, its all part of the fun. eventually you will learn to control the bike better and can then concentrate on going faster.

Have fun, off-roading is great! Thumbs Up Very Happy

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 23:49 - 25 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. falling off doesn't hurt as much as it looks.. don't ask me how I know Embarassed but it's all good fun, like Lee says, don't be put off at all just jump back on.. but I bet you'll be fooked after 2/3 sessions.. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1