Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Supermoto's ##YamsR6##Smoto Bob##

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Supermoto's ##YamsR6##Smoto Bob## Reply with quote

Just a quick question regarding motards! Yams you keep dropping into topics that your bike may not make it somewhere, is this due to your comfort or are supermoto's unreliable in general?

Also how often(ish) Would a ccm 404 dual sport need servicing?3k miles??

How is the yamaha for small commutes(15mile)??

Thanks for your time!

I have been very interested in these bikes! due to the fact that the short gearing will make the accelleration faster, but due to them being unfaired(ish) and not really capable of much top end speed i thought this might be perfect for me one day(may save me licence)! And the CCM 404 DS is 39bhp (prob v close to 33bhp at the crank) and when/if i pass me test i will be restricted!

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 00:54 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Re: Supermoto's ##YamsR6##Smoto Bob## Reply with quote

Sammyboy wrote:
Yams you keep dropping into topics that your bike may not make it somewhere, is this due to your comfort or are supermoto's unreliable in general?

Supermotos require a lot of looking after, but they'd make it most places, but have you seen how thin the seats are? Shocked not too comfy Laughing

Sammyboy wrote:

Also how often(ish) Would a ccm 404 dual sport need servicing?3k miles??

the 404 is a competition enduro/moto type bike so will require regular servicing. My WR needs an oil change every 500 or so miles Confused I'd expect the 404 to be near the same amount of servicing. Not to mention endless checking of bolts and nuts as they all work themselves loose quite easily Laughing and air filter, spark plugs etc, thats just if nothing does go wrong - depends on the type of motard you buy really - the WR/exc/husabergs/vor's etc are competition bikes and need a lot of looking after. The more enduro friendly bikes like the DRZ's, DR. XT etc are more reliable/longer service periods.

Sammyboy wrote:

How is the yamaha for small commutes(15mile)??

It'd be perfect for that, especially if it's around town. As long as you don't need to carry more than a backpack holds anyway.

Sammyboy wrote:
I have been very interested in these bikes! due to the fact that the short gearing will make the accelleration faster, but due to them being unfaired(ish) and not really capable of much top end speed i thought this might be perfect for me one day(may save me licence)! And the CCM 404 DS is 39bhp (prob v close to 33bhp at the crank) and when/if i pass me test i will be restricted!

Be careful with the CCM, CCM have just gone into administration so parts are going to be difficult to come by! A Husky TE410E would be a nice equivalent, or maybe a DRZ400 if your tall.

The acceleration is v good, top end is a bit bleugh basically, but who needs top end when your hooning around a track/country lanes/town! Twisted Evil

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 04:39 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't discount the MZ Mastiff and Baghira Street Moto. They are a little heavier than the others but are equipped with top class suspension, brakes and rims. The motor should be more reliable than the others and they are a grand cheaper to buy new than a CCM...you are getting a lot more bike for your money.

I don't know why I am singing their praises though, the fucking dealer in Edinburgh has had mine for SIX weeks now awaiting a new engine under warranty (blew the original one, but I am the first person I have heard of who has experienced a bottom end failure in a Yam XTZ derived motor). The nasty letter is in the post as we speak!
Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah, service every 6k km, rear tyre every 3k or so. I rode mine from near carlisle to the orkneys and back this summer, (oh yeah, I blew the engine Rolling Eyes ) but that is a real oddity, I am the first person to experience an engine self-destruction in six years of production.

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 09:29 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCM404 or this:

https://www.mc-nett.no/mz/01-mz/mz-baghira-3.jpg

Laughing No competition really!

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 09:47 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamsR6 wrote:
CCM404 or this:

Yes, since CCM went bankrupt! Confused Sad

- anyone any news on CCM?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 10:40 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
YamsR6 wrote:
CCM404 or this:

Yes, since CCM went bankrupt! Confused Sad

- anyone any news on CCM?

Yee I said that earlier Razz - what sort of news are you after? There isn't really going to be any news.. CCM as a company are now gone and soon all CCM bikes will be collectors modells If they don't all fall apart before then!! WinkLaughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:04 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

im soon to be selling my bike... it has supermoto gearing, its unfaired, but has race posture and is 32 bhp. Perfect mix really, altho i warn you, the acceleration can still get you into highly illegal regions of speed (hence my selling, impending ban).

It was brought for 1400 and ive spent an extra 300-400 ish on the swine, but id still sell at 1400 really.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 11:23 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
it has supermoto gearing

It won't have supermoto gearing, it'll have road gearing.

SM gearing is slightly different as you need to gear for both on and off road. Your Goose being a road bike will be geared for more top end speed etc. My WR in SM gearing will top about 100mph but then it has about 15 more bhp then the goose and is a more racier engine than the DR350 enduro engine.

HTH - goose are good bikes for 33bhp, but it's not, and never will be the same/similar as a supermoto - completely different ball games.

Good luck selling though, theres a lot of people after them I reckon Thumbs Up

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:32 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

YamsR6 wrote:

It won't have supermoto gearing, it'll have road gearing.

SM gearing is slightly different as you need to gear for both on and off road. Your Goose being a road bike will be geared for more top end speed etc. My WR in SM gearing will top about 100mph but then it has about 15 more bhp then the goose and is a more racier engine than the DR350 enduro engine.

HTH - goose are good bikes for 33bhp, but it's not, and never will be the same/similar as a supermoto - completely different ball games.

Good luck selling though, theres a lot of people after them I reckon Thumbs Up

There are many road bikes with traily gearing, and the goose is one i believe. If not its got DEFINITELY the traily engine, and its a single. 0-60 flat 5 seconds, and i shit you not as i did it myself a fair few times, altho its only the first two gears that are short, the rest are kinda long, but by third your doing 50 so who cares Very Happy

And to clarify, not that im boasting (so no flaming goddamnit fluffy!) but when i got done at 73, id come off a roundabout about 80 yards before its a 40, i was doing 30 at the r'bout, and was doing 73 past traffic before the end of the 30. Not sure if thats good or bad, whether i was still accelerating or what, but hell. Thats not slouchy.

Sadly if you get a bike that is genuinely 33 brake rather then restricted to 33brake they will accelerate fooking well. Thus your licence... well it suffers Sad Crying or Very sad

And thanks yams Thumbs Up i think it should sell quite well when i sort it out a bit mroe, theres a few things giving me some annoyance. But thats why we have ebay, bid to buy etc etc.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 11:33 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the road Dr350 isnt THAT much slower then the goose. Which could be attributed to final drive rather then gearbox.

Oh and our hartford legion 125 has traillie gearing, wheelies like a mare... specially for a 4t 125 Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot

PostPosted: 11:47 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol don't get me wrong, DR350 may be an enduro but they are vvv fast at accelerating simply down to the gearing and torque. Altho enduro is a bit slower than SM gearing but still they'd give a good few bikes a run for their money in the 0-60's Twisted Evil

The goose is a standard (I believe) DR350 engine with about half the weight of a Dr350 Very Happy and as you say, a genuine un-restricted 33bhp is MUCH better than a restricted bike.

Reevo8
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCM are in administration, and awaiting someone to buy them! (I think Suzuki should really, because im told the 404 has a 'zuki engine!)

T.W.O Says "CCM motorcycles ceased trading on Wednesday 8 July, With 50 out of 55 employees being made redundant!!"

Sounds like a huge company! Rolling Eyes

Roo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes its a DRZ motor.

I reckon Foggy should buy it was his mrs. not involved with them somehow?

oh yeah whats 'traily' gearing?? you mean enduro surely. Laughing

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 21:43 - 06 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roo wrote:

oh yeah whats 'traily' gearing?? you mean enduro surely. Laughing

Lol dont know dont care. Ask kickstart
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1