Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Police carrying guns

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Armed Police?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 30 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 76

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 17:05 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want one, I just have them Wink

A. You do know that they have guns....

B. Dont worry I dont need one.....

A. Are you sure I mean...

B. No damn it all I need is my baton. Twisted Evil

Some time later.

B. OWWWWW!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's arguing the pro gun law the strongest, hmm lets see. . . .

Oh my, it's the adopted American, now there's a surprise. Rolling Eyes Wink

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 22:26 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink It's all right just got my national guard application through Confused Wtf i never asked for that Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 14 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fancy getting shot in the back just because i have a balaclava on under me helmet. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 02:57 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee loves guns so much, hes the only person on this forum with a gun in his avatar Smile

McGee, will they let you in the national guard when they know you are english ? why dont they already know this ? have you got dual citizenship or something ?

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:59 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:
McGee loves guns so much, hes the only person on this forum with a gun in his avatar Smile

No, he has Chuck Norris as his avatar.

The irony is though, Chuck Norris doesn't need a submachine gun to take down the skanks. He roundhouse-kicks them to the head. BAM!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good reason for the police to not carry guns.

Clicky

Yes it's real. The victim is an air force police officer.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:35 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Worth pointing out that in areas of Nottingham the police are routinely armed.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/gun/Story/0,,386622,00.html

And the Meadows is pretty close to Lenton.

Plenty of armed officers nearby doesn't seem to have done them any good in this affair.

All the best

Keith

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:02 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Nath Wink

And No I have English citizenship, but because I have a green card I guess I can join Confused

I might do it as there offering 10k to people who join Shocked but the American forces scare me to much ff (which cant be turned off), plus there's no respawn in real life and the real medic's cant cure every thing with shock paddles.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Arm the police and your average 'low level' criminal now feels the need to be armed.

Not a good situation, in my opinion.

Exactly. If the police get them, more criminals do. If more criminals do, I will want one too.

Why shouldn't I have one to defend my home and family?

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a copper i wouldnt want one. Just better body armour.

Or a Tazer..........

Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon..............

TimC
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyler_onli wrote:
Being a copper i wouldnt want one. Just better body armour.

Or a Tazer..........

Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon..............

whats the point of body armour? an assult rifle or a knife will go right through a bullet-proof jacket, police officers in northern ireland wear body armour but they dont think it makes any diffrence as if someone wants to kill them they will.

the police here also all carry a sidearm (glock17), there is actually very few cases of police using guns for anything other than self defence and thankfully that happens very little now.

tazers are a waste of time except in very few circumstances, if someone is wearing thick clothes the pins cant go in, also a tazer isnt good against someone with a gun.

the police over here still find if they need to get someone to do something a baton still works better than a gun. (cs spray also is coming in here)

if only a fool trusted his weapon and the police over here didnt have them i think the ira would have killed alot more people.

yes there will always be stupid cops who will pull their guns on a granny for not parking her mobility scooter correctly, but after a few complints i doubt they will be in the force for long.

i agree that some criminals will up the anti and get better weapons but i think alot of criminals will think twice about what they are doing if they might be stoped by a man with a gun.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 18:02 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Thumbs Up

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i see.

Some bullet proof vests arent stab proof.

Also, every time an officer fires a gun,most times they are suspended whilst an investigation is conducted.

Personnal issue tanks i think is the answer.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 19:10 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimC wrote:
whats the point of body armour? an assult rifle or a knife will go right through a bullet-proof jacket,
Thankfully gun crime in England hasn't got to the point where police have to worry about being shot with an assault rifle.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:11 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve googs, ive just noticed the 'buddies' emoticon in your sig. fantastic !

TimC
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 15 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
TimC wrote:
whats the point of body armour? an assult rifle or a knife will go right through a bullet-proof jacket,
Thankfully gun crime in England hasn't got to the point where police have to worry about being shot with an assault rifle.

actually, compared to northern ireland england is now alot worse gun crime wise, it seems to be becoming trendy to carry a submachine gun in england, a bullet proof jacket will only take so many shots,
in northern ireland now (due to a ''ceasefire'') a police officer only really has to worry about knives and a very small amount of bombs (usually petrol bombs).
to be honest i think that a police officer carries alot more respect with a gun, without one they are little more than glorified security guards.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 06:49 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reckon there will still be more guns kicking around in northern ireland than in england, even if it is a lot better than it used to be.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:58 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimC wrote:

to be honest i think that a police officer carries alot more respect with a gun,

So does a criminal.

Katie
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:01 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Yes" by mistake. Rolling Eyes

I think it will be a very sad day for Britain when all our Police need to carry guns, I'm sure it will happen Tthough. I think that the negative repercussions of them carrying them, will outweigh the positive. The criminals will always have to take a step up to be armed with a more powerful weapon. So where does it stop? I agree with Kickstart, how can Officer get involved with a riot, or a fight and risk his weapon being taken and used against him?

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 12:51 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimC wrote:
actually, compared to northern ireland england is now alot worse gun crime wise, it seems to be becoming trendy to carry a submachine gun in england,
First of all a submachine gun is very different to an assault rifle.
I agree that it's becoming increasingly popular to carry a handgun, but not a submachine gun.

I've never heard of anything other than pistols being used in England.
Submachine guns and assault rifles are just too expensive and bulky to be used here.

It's much more profitable to smuggle drugs into the country than sub machine guns and assault rifles.
A quick google search shows than an Uzi weighs around 3kg, if you can smuggle 3kg of cocaine into this country thats a minimum guaranteed wholesale value of £6000 and a street value of £18000.

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMGs/Machine Pistols are popular in gangs in the London area. Although some are locked, cocked and ready to rock, it's only the odd occasion when they are fired.

TimC
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

a car crashed coming of the euro tunnel a year or so ago, it had a stinger missile in it, if someone can slip that in i reckon they can slip a machine gun in,
yes there is most likely more guns in northern ireland but they thankfully arnt being used.
every time i hear of a gun crime in the mainland it usually is with a automatic gun,
its true a ciminal does have more cred with a gun but a dead criminal has none so in my view the police might as well be armed.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 16:15 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:
]First of all a submachine gun is very different to an assault rifle.
I agree that it's becoming increasingly popular to carry a handgun, but not a submachine gun.

I've never heard of anything other than pistols being used in England.
Submachine guns and assault rifles are just too expensive and bulky to be used here.

Inram mac 11, mp5-k, Micro uzi there aloads of small smgs. Wink

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:01 - 16 Feb 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

freestyler_onli wrote:
SMGs/Machine Pistols are popular in gangs in the London area. Although some are locked, cocked and ready to rock, it's only the odd occasion when they are fired.

Like that TSG Carrier that got strafed by an UZI/MAC 10(11?) type thingy last year ....

that musta been fooking scary
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 96 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3