Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Does ethnicity relate to intelligence?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 21:07 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLINWALL wrote:

Its been a long time since they were cutting edge on techonologies and such but they were at about the time of the crusades.

They had access to greek and roman texts which were seen as pagan by christians.

Techically the eastern roman emipre fell in 1453 with Fall of Constantinople and the death of constantine XI (the last roman emperor). christainty was the main reilgon of the rome empire since the 300,s. so some how l dont think the romans would see there own techonogly as "Pagan". Any techonologies gain by the islamic world have been stolen or assmilated through the people they have conquered.

COLINWALL wrote:

Our number system came from the arabs at about the time of the crusades.

Yes we did gain our modern number system through the arabs but they acquired from the Hindu,s of modern day pakistan during varoius incursion into india between the 7th and 12th centuries.

Quote:

The Arabic numerals are more properly called Hindu-Arabic numerals because they did not originate in Arabia but originated with the Hindus as early as 200 B.C. The system was adopted by the Arabs by about A.D. 800 at the very earliest. They brought it to Spain about 900. It was brought to the rest of Europe about 1100...

Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:42 - 16 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:

Or to put it sensationally - he suggested whites are naturally cleverer than black people.

Leeds University have decribed his views as 'abhorent'.

Quite right his views are abhorrent and i would say people who claim that one race is smarter than another are merely racist people trying to justify their discrimination through science.

We must condemn views like the above one from being expressed openly as they can only lead to discrimination of a particular race.

These sort of ideals can lead to people practicing eugenics, which is already practiced in china.

They have a one child per family law in place as boys are more highly prized than girls in Chinese society ultrasound is used to detect the sex of the child in the womb. Families feel that it is a waste of their 'quota' if the child is female thus leading to the demise of the female foetus. Therefore the birth rate of boys is higher than that of girls. This is a social phenomena rather than a state imposed one. In order to discourage this the state allows couples whose first child is a girl to have a second. The practice of aborting the girls is discouraged otherwise large numbers of men will be unable to marry.

Ant
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my girlfriend worked for birmingham council in the education department (untill 2 weeks ago) and on average white girls are the highest achevers and afro-carabeen boys are the lowest!

JonT
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 04:22 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every race has its smart people and its dull people, it is true that the average is different for each race.

Each race has evolved to survive better in its environment, for black people this means smaller brains, lower intelligence (as viewed by western IQ tests), higher hormone levels, larger sexual organs, earlier sexual development, higher aggression which in western civilisations causes higher criminality.

Asian people are the complete opposite, tending to be more intelligent, have low hormone levels, smaller sexual organs, late sexual development, very low aggression and very low criminality.

White people tend to be right in the middle, having the best and worst of both races.

Information taken from the American Renassance December 1994 Issue, "A New Theory of Racial Differences" by Samuel Taylor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:41 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mans intelligence cannot be measured by a mere IQ test.

Tell me does an IQ test measure 'wisdom' as this is in my opinion is a greater quality and more of a measure of a man than wether he knows the square root of 3000!

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 12:08 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

Quite right his views are abhorrent and i would say people who claim that one race is smarter than another are merely racist people trying to justify their discrimination through science.

We must condemn views like the above one from being expressed openly as they can only lead to discrimination of a particular race.

In my opinion your view is exactly the problem I was meaning to highlight.

As we've already said, no-one really has a problem saying that generally black guys are more athletic than whites/asians etc., but to automatically say that it's impossible for there to be differences in intelligence makes no sense.

To label him as racist for putting forward an scientific opinion that does have some evidence, is, in my opinion, more abhorent than anything he has said.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:14 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:

To label him as racist for putting forward an scientific opinion that does have some evidence, is, in my opinion, more abhorent than anything he has said.

Quite right.

Especially as people are demanding (successfully) that he be gagged - hardly the act of a free society.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:05 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
In my opinion your view is exactly the problem I was meaning to highlight.

As we've already said, no-one really has a problem saying that generally black guys are more athletic than whites/asians etc., but to automatically say that it's impossible for there to be differences in intelligence makes no sense.

Mister james wrote:

Quite right.

Especially as people are demanding (successfully) that he be gagged - hardly the act of a free society.

I condemn his views as we do not need these sort of ideas spread about even if they were true.

It is like me openly saying people with disabilitys are worth less than people without.

It may be true in some cases that a person may not be as physically capable or as intelligent depending on their individual circumstances but we as a society must treat everyone as equal and promote equal rights for all.

At the end of the day the people who come out with these ideas are either racist or so ignorant that to prevent them from offending people the state has to pass laws to make sure they keep their mouths shut.

Also could i ask anyone who holds the same views which are being expressed would like to stand before a random black man they have just met and say they are smarter than him because they are white?

I bet you 100 quid here and now that you wouldn't because you know you would get your ass kicked.

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 23:05 - 17 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

I bet you 100 quid here and now that you wouldn't because you know you would get your ass kicked.

I would.

Not because im macho, but because you can rationalise it.

If the black man instantly floored you because he was offended it would somewhat galvanise the view that he is less intelligent.

If he was intelligent enough not to, and actually wanted a rational conversation about it (and i have had this conversation, like i have also had many convos with women about the stereotypes that they ritualistic prove true) i could state that, due to differences in develop etc, i could approach any black man, and the likely hood is;

They will have a larger cock then me
They will be able to run faster then me

Both of which are accepted norms, and therefore not racist (Rolling Eyes)

There will always be the ends of the bell curve, the black men with 18 inch cocks, and the black me who have tiny vestigial excuses for a member. But their average will be larger then whites.
Same with average 100 metre times, weight aside im sure there are bloody fast and dog slow black people, but im sure the majority would be faster then a like proportioned white person.

Now why is it so heinous to suggest that as a totally different and independent interbreeding community might have a different bell curve of cognitive development.

I wouldnt call myself a racist, before anyone states i am, but i like to call a spade a spade (as opposed to an espidril... bless dave spikey) - which isnt a pun.

I like to believe what my eyes and mind tell me, and from my experiences i have made my own opinions.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 00:15 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

I condemn his views as we do not need these sort of ideas spread about even if they were true.

Dangerous ground you're getting on there. Supress the truth because it doesn't meet with our ideals?

Spiral wrote:

It is like me openly saying people with disabilitys are worth less than people without.

It may be true in some cases that a person may not be as physically capable or as intelligent depending on their individual circumstances but we as a society must treat everyone as equal and promote equal rights for all.

It's got nothing to do with 'worth'. No-one is saying that intelligence relates to your 'worth'. There are a whole lot more important things about ourselves than our intelligence. Intelligence does not make someone more valuable than the next.

No-one - especially not the guy that I linked to - suggested that anyone needs to be treated differently. If I see an asian, white and black guy in front of me, I will assume each one is equal in all ways (mentally) until proven otherwise.

You're absolutely rights that equal rights need to be applied to everyone. Just like men and women must be treated equally in all ways possible.

However, we all know that the education system fails black kids. Maybe they need a different approach to schooling if the above theories are correct?

Spiral wrote:

At the end of the day the people who come out with these ideas are either racist or so ignorant that to prevent them from offending people the state has to pass laws to make sure they keep their mouths shut.

Why is he racist? He hasn't discriminated against anyone? Sorry to get back to previous points but its pretty much fact that black guys are more athletic than white guys and that's not a racist idea. However, it's prehaps something that's never talked about...

Spiral wrote:

Also could i ask anyone who holds the same views which are being expressed would like to stand before a random black man they have just met and say they are smarter than him because they are white?

Once again, there would be nothing to suggest that the that I am smarter than him, because I wouldn't no anything about him. There is nothing about what the academic above has suggested that means that 'a black man is less intelligent than a white man'.

However, you did suggest he would kick my ass, which means you've assumed he's strong and I'm weak.... which gets back to the physical assumptions which are known and perhaps accepted, if not talked about.

Anyway, I've not said I particuarly agree with his theory, just that it is perfectly plausible. As others have said, there is alot more to intelligence than genetics - upbringing, environment etc... but the basis for what we are is still our genes - they can't be responsible for every cell in our body, but not influence the was our minds work. It's the suppression of his views that worry me.

Bottom line is - everybody needs to be treated equally.

I still always think Oriental guys know karate though! Razz

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:11 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is saying white people are smarter than black people if that isn't a racist comment what is ?

This is racism pure and simple.

If you make any sort of judgements about an individual based upon the colour of a persons skin you are being racist.

People trying to defend this sound like nazizs trying to prove they were better than the jews.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 10:04 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:
The guy is saying white people are smarter than black people if that isn't a racist comment what is ?

What if the proffessor is right? Hmmm? Is trying to iniate scientific talk about something he has noticed mean he is racist because the truth might no be palatable to everyone? If he said coloured people were more athletic would that be a racist comment?

Quote:
If you make any sort of judgements about an individual based upon the colour of a persons skin you are being racist.

To stiffle the truth to meet a PC need is to become closer to a Nazi than to openly question stuff even if it is a touchy area. The guy posed the question about intelligence relating to ethnicity......whats wrong with asking?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 10:08 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So you would suppress the truth because you think its findings are not to your taste? That make syou more of a nazi than anyone else on here. Thats positive discrimination.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:37 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Re: Does ethnicity relate to intelligence? Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

Wow - you're even further down the Bell Curve than Colin!

Quote:

Yet another one of your utterly meaningless and irrelevant comparisons.

It's not like you saying that at all.

Quote:

but we as a society must treat everyone as equal and promote equal rights for all.

So less intelligent children shouldn't receive extra tutition to increase their chances of a decent career?

Disabled people shouldn't receive more day-to-day assistance than me?

Equal rights are not the same thing as treating everyone equally. You can't even type a single sentence without contradicting yourself.

Quote:

At the end of the day the people who come out with these ideas are either racist or so ignorant

.....or right?

Quote:

that to prevent them from offending people the state has to pass laws to make sure they keep their mouths shut.

I'm offended by your ignorance, and by boy bands, and by people with common accents. Any chance of the government passing a few laws to shut all of those up?

Quote:

You racist git - any random black guy I walk up to is going to resort to violence when I express my opinions? That's the biggest stereotype I've yet to see on these hallowed webpages - ironic considering the fact you are trying to lecture us on our alleged prejudices.

I told an entire room full of africans that I was smarter than them tonight - I often do. Some of them agreed, some of them didn't, all of them laughed, but none of them put me on my arse - despite a couple of them being big enough to do so. Guess your theory doesn't hold up.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 10:38 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
Thats positive discrimination.

...which, as we all know, is simply racism by another name.

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:02 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

This is racism pure and simple.

People trying to defend this sound like nazizs trying to prove they were better than the jews.

Spiral I honestly haven't worked out if you’re a Troll or if you really do believe the rubbish you spout.

But on the chance your not a troll I would like to point out your comments are deeply offensive and probable the most racist of any within this thread.

You seem to accept the idea its ok to say blacks often make better athletes and it’s ok to say so. You also seem to accept its ok to say as on average Asians are shorter than Europeans

I could go on listing genetic characteristics of various peoples of the world and how they differ from others it’s not racist it a statement of fact.

But mention some ones intelligence whether we can accurately quantify it or not and if there is a racial difference in intelligence and you think that’s racist.

Sorry that’s not Racist it’s a stamen of fact irrelevant of with race is more intelligent ok I will admit it’s a as yet unproven fact but still it stands as just what it is a stamen of fact.

What’s racist is people like you. Instead of seeing a person or a culture and accepting them for what they are with all the strengths and weaknesses you want every one to be just like you and deny there are any differences at all and in that defiance you reject the actual person and can only see them in your blinkered terms.

Sorry not every one cant be the same but that’s what make the world and life interesting place to live in.

I would also like to point out just how offensive I find your inferred opinion that a person or races intelligence is ether a good or a bad thing. The most stupid of the stupid has ever right to live a full and rich life just has the smartest people and placing a negative connotations’ on lack of intelligence just underline how biased you are.

And sorry making a judgment on some ones skin colour is not racist.

How you act upon the judgments will define whether your judgment is racist or not.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:57 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggerjohn wrote:

But on the chance your not a troll I would like to point out your comments are deeply offensive and probable the most racist of any within this thread.

Point out were i have made a racist comment!

biggerjohn wrote:

You seem to accept the idea its ok to say blacks often make better athletes and it’s ok to say so. You also seem to accept its ok to say as on average Asians are shorter than Europeans

no i think this is racist too if you think black athletes are better than whites then you are again making assumptions based on the colour of a person's skin, you just won't accept the fact that they probaly train better and harder than the white competitors.

biggerjohn wrote:

I could go on listing genetic characteristics of various peoples of the world and how they differ from others it’s not racist it a statement of fact.

Yes you could if you wanted, but stating that you are better than them because of the colour of your skin is racist.

biggerjohn wrote:

But mention some ones intelligence whether we can accurately quantify it or not and if there is a racial difference in intelligence and you think that’s racist.

Sorry that’s not Racist it’s a stamen of fact irrelevant of with race is more intelligent ok I will admit it’s a as yet unproven fact but still it stands as just what it is a stamen of fact.

No its racist.

biggerjohn wrote:

What’s racist is people like you. Instead of seeing a person or a culture and accepting them for what they are with all the strengths and weaknesses you want every one to be just like you and deny there are any differences at all and in that defiance you reject the actual person and can only see them in your blinkered terms.

Sorry not every one cant be the same but that’s what make the world and life interesting place to live in.

Sorry but now i am lost as the comment above is idiotic, i am not racist i merely want to see everyone treated as equal, some people here seem to want some sort of scientific proof that white people are smarter.

Why might i ask? is it to make all the white racists think they are better than black people.

biggerjohn wrote:

And sorry making a judgment on some ones skin colour is not racist.

How you act upon the judgments will define whether your judgment is racist or not.

If you make a judgement about someone due to the colour of their skin wether you act upon it or not makes you racist

Frankly some of the views expressed here begger belief, you think your having a discussion with reasonable people but when comments are made about racial superiority and people trying to justify the comments you realise you are talking to people who are simply racist.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 18:46 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:
if you think black athletes are better than whites then you are again making assumptions based on the colour of a person's skin, you just won't accept the fact that they probaly train better and harder than the white competitors.

Actually, genetically black people have a higher percentage of 'fast twitch' muscles in their bodies than white people. The type of muscle you have cannot be altered in it's percentage.

An example, two people train equally hard, one has a high percentage of fast twitch muscles, one has a low percentage. They are both very fit and muscley at the end of the training. However, the athlete with the higher percentage of fast twitch muslces will always always be a fast runner.
Which is why you see a higher proportion of black sprinters.

It's a biological fact, it's just evident through skin colour. That doesn't make it racist. What would be racist would be always assuming that the black man would win.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 19:37 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral, can you, for example, accept that certain ethnic groups are more likely to develop certain diseases because of their genetic backgrounds? Do deny so would effectively be putting people's lives at risk. There are companies which develop drugs specifically to treat disease in black people. Are those companies racist for doing so?

I take issue with your use of the word 'better'. If I, with two degrees, stand next to someone with no degrees, I am not 'better' (nor necessarily more intelligent!) than that person. No-one is saying that Asians are 'better' than 'whites' because they might, on average, be more intelligent.

Major_Grooves
The Doctor

PostPosted: 19:39 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:

no i think this is racist too if you think black athletes are better than whites then you are again making assumptions based on the colour of a person's skin, you just won't accept the fact that they probaly train better and harder than the white competitors.

Come on mate, that is the most hypocritical statement you have made!

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:09 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major_Grooves wrote:
Spiral wrote:

Come on mate, that is the most hypocritical statement you have made!

What is hypocritical, the fact that i can accept that a black man whos wins a race against a white man has done so because he has trained well.

I ain't the one saying its because they are genetically faster.

The people who are making the above claims never mention the fact that a black athlete might have trained well.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 20:21 - 18 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Point out were i have made a racist comment!

Your entire posting is rascist because your saying we do not have the right to question a genuine scientific questions with regards to intellignce because as white people we have no right too...so you are in effect persecuting white peoples right to openly ask genuine questions Rolling Eyes

Quote:

Can you actually back this statement up or are you now resorting to 'making up facts' to side with your opinion 'people shouldn't dicuss issues which could be true but might offend some people'? That kind of attitude helped mask the f*cking holocaust.

As a white person who trains regulary I find it deeply offensive at the fact you just assume white people don't train as hard as their coloured conterparts....because your basing you opinion on pure fucking ignorance.

Quote:
The view that black sportsmen and women have a natural superiority rests on the evidence of physiological research, largely into two groups of athletes: East African long-distance runners and West African sprinters. East Africa, and Kenya in particular, is the powerhouse of middle- and long-distance running. The top 60 times in the 3,000m steeplechase were all set by Kenyan athletes, who also hold more than half the top times at 5,000m and 10,000m. Most remarkably, the majority of top Kenyan runners come from one area in the country - the Kalenjin region, along the western rim of the Great Rift Valley, adjacent to Lake Victoria. Kalenjin athletes have won more than 70 per cent of Kenya's Olympic medals at running events and all but one of all Kenyan-held world records.

A number of lines of research suggest that the secret of such spectacular success lies in superior biology. All muscle contains two kinds of fibres - fast-twitch and slow-twitch. The former is good at producing explosive bursts of energy, the latter at sustaining muscle effort over long periods. Physiologists have shown that the muscles of Kenyan athletes have a higher proportion of slow-twitch fibres than those of white or West African athletes. Kenyans also enjoy a slighter body profile, have relatively long legs and large lung capacities, and possess more energy-producing enzymes in their muscles, which are thus better able to utilise oxygen.

Athletes of West African descent - and that includes most African American, Caribbean and black British athletes - have, on the other hand, a physique that is suited to explosive events, disciplines that require sprinting and jumping. Such athletes possess what biologists call a mesomorphic physique, with bigger, more visible muscles such as a larger chest. Their muscles contain a higher proportion of fast-twitch fibres than those of white people or East Africans. Athletes of West African descent also have less body fat, a higher centre of gravity, narrower hips and higher levels of testosterone in their blood.

https://www.newstatesman.co.uk/200009180009.htm

Quote:
i am not racist i merely want to see everyone treated as equal, some people here seem to want some sort of scientific proof that white people are smarter.

Asking a question, which is a valid question and one that could help unlock the mysteries of how the brain works, how genetics differ from race to race etc is not rascist...its not rascist because its a genuine fucking question which deserves to be answered. It has nothing to do with equality nor does it effect how people are treated. I work and intereact with morons, idiots and fucktards everyday and I view then all equally, regardless of IQ, colour of skin, how many limbs they have.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:12 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
As a white person who trains regulary I find it deeply offensive at the fact you just assume white people don't train as hard as their coloured conterparts....because your basing you opinion on pure fucking ignorance.

Can i ask why you assume that black athletes are faster because of genetics rather than they have trained harder?

Can you explain why west african athletes who are presumably of a similar racial make up to their distant African american cousins, do not excel at athletics or that black athletic excellence does not extend to the likes of archery or rowing?

I truly doubt the motives of the people who are desperate to prove this theory.

So feel free to make the case for your arguement and i will feel free to be insulted.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 02:09 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral wrote:
Can i ask why you assume that black athletes are faster because of genetics rather than they have trained harder?

Rolling Eyes Did you even read what I posted? Its proven that they have better developed bodies for performing athletic games....thats fact...

Quote:
Can you explain why west african athletes who are presumably of a similar racial make up to their distant African american cousins, do not excel at athletics or that black athletic excellence does not extend to the likes of archery or rowing?

Quote:
Nor is there any respite for white sportsmen away from the Olympics. The American Basketball Association is 80 per cent black; 60 per cent of American footballers are black. France won the football World Cup of 1998 and Euro 2000 with teams in which more than a third of the players were black. In boxing, the two world heavyweight champions - Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield - are black.

https://www.newstatesman.co.uk/200009180009.htm
So you will find that african americans make up somewhere in the region of 80% in baseball, 60% in football....I would think they are excelling quite readily in the US arena.

Archery is barely an athletic event requiring either of the attribute mentioned and rowers tend to come from rich upper class (white) families IMO Coloured people can't get into Cambridge rowing club for the same reason I can't... Pound Coin Pound Coin

Quote:
I truly doubt the motives of the people who are desperate to prove this theory.

Nobody is desperate to prove this theory....we're objecting to people like yourself who would stifle the freedom of speech and freedom of further development and study of the human body because you don't seem to like the idea that it could be true.

In effect you are saying if you do not like the results or theories of a study then they must be stopped and gagged regardless of merit. Don't you get how wrong that is?

Quote:
So feel free to make the case for your arguement and i will feel free to be insulted.

Don't be a fucking mong. I will quite readily listen to your argument but if you don;t pose an argument with some evidence other than your own idealistic opinion then you can barely blame me for finding your stance to be ridiculous.

My question to you is this.....

How is it rascist for a scientist to pose the question "is there a genetic difference between races which could leave one race smarter than the other?".

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:17 - 19 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the uk today people of other ethnic backgrounds experiecne racism on a daily basis that a white person never will.

So it is through pure ignornance that in 2006 when we have not acheived equality for all , we have individuals who will attempt to pursue proof that the 'black man is stupid'

craigie b wrote:

How is it rascist for a scientist to pose the question "is there a genetic difference between races which could leave one race smarter than the other?".

Because i'd rather assume people were equal despite the scientific proof than accept the argument for racial superiority that in the 20th century the nazizs restarted.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4