BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Da Vinci Code

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 21:58 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Da Vinci Code Reply with quote

Well like most people I have read the book and yesterday i saw the film and despite what the 'critics' say i thought the film was pretty good.

I'm not a religious or anything but I do believe that historically there was a JC and that he was a truly great person with his teachings.

After all, we saw what Hitler did through his oratory skills, he whippped a whole nation into a frenzy!

The fact JC may have fathered a child with Mary Magdalene surly is something that dose not detract from his 'divinity'. We know that the gospels were written some 30 years to 2 centuries after his death.

I just find the whole thing fascinating! What do you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rule of thumb.

Anything most people like, is shit.

Therefore, I stay away from The DaVinci Code Razz

I weakened, and went to see King Kong, and it was the biggest load of fucking gash I've ever seen.

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read the book i feel the film mised out on some of the details that kept you hanging on.

The book made you want to sit on the tube for another stop to see the twists and turns in the plot.

The film spoon fed it to you in a low fat version.

Would of been good enough, but there's been soo much hype as the book was such a hit.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus bollocks if jesus was born in modern day he'd be called david koresh and get a bullet between the eye's, all religeon's are cult's started by some conman who wanted to rule the world.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 23:28 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
I have a rule of thumb.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing thats a daft rule of thumb...I bet your walking about right now, stark bollock naked cos clothes are popular as well as sending smokes signals cos you don;t have a mobile. Laughing I bet you even post using punch cards Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:33 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Toby R wrote:
I have a rule of thumb.

Stay away from the BCF then.

DaVInci Code obviousley way above your intellectual level.

And as fro King Kong, what did you expect from a film about about a 25ft gorilla! No need to get personal.

Last edited by king kong on 23:46 - 22 May 2006; edited 1 time in total

tokarev
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the Da Vinci Code on sat, and thought it was quite good...although it was not as good as I was expecting it to be. But that could be down to the fact that I have never read the book, because my friends who had also read the book were talking about it for quite a while afterwards.

Anyway, that french chick was quite hot. Mr. Green Wink

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:49 - 22 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read the book or the film, but did read another one of his that was a complete 'POS' - myabe the historical facts were generally right, but lots of others weren't and the writing wasn't great in my opinion.

Thought that was bad, then read some cheap copy along similar things - where a main character was kickstarting his Honda 600cc sports motorcycle Rolling Eyes.

Spiral
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:21 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a 2.5 outta 5 film imo it only really got interesting when ian mckellen came into it an when he went out it was downhill fast.

Not haven read the book i would say the story probaly would be better told in its written form.

Ian mckellen stole the show, the guy is great he can make any script sound good.

Tom hanks was okay as he always is, hes an okay actor he just happens to have been in some great films.

P.S. in the book does tom hanks character have an overdyed mullet?

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DaVInci Code obviousley way above your intellectual level.

Obviously, because most large budget hollywood films are intellectually challenging.

Quote:
And as fro King Kong, what did you expect from a film about about a 25ft gorilla!

Didnt expect anything, thought it would be shit, was right.

Quote:
No need to get personal.

Where did i get personal?

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 11:04 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^Didnt expect anything, thought it would be shit, was right. ^^^^^^

If you haven't seen it and haven't read it then then how on earth can you be right? All your doing is showing that you follow the crowd and regurgitate whatever they say Laughing Laughing Laughing

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:21 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
^^^^^^Didnt expect anything, thought it would be shit, was right. ^^^^^^

If you haven't seen it and haven't read it then then how on earth can you be right? All your doing is showing that you follow the crowd and regurgitate whatever they say Laughing Laughing Laughing

You'd be correct if you actually realised I was talking about King Kong Smile

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 11:59 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play Thumbs Up

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:00 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
Fair play Thumbs Up

Wink

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:59 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Toby R

I naturally assumed that from adding a comment DVC to suddenly slamming KK and being that my Username is King Kong also that you were implying that I was shit.

Sorry about that.

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:12 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on Sunday but as said I had very low expectations due to all the hype but was presently surprised.

It wasn’t as crap as I thought it would be and interesting enough story.

Defiantly not the best film I have seen this year but not the worst ether.

The interesting thing about the whole saga of the book and the film is the way the church feel it had to defend itself in the media in interviews and the like.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 14:16 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its worth noting, to the people who have seen the fil but not read the book, that the story itself, in written format is very compelling reading. The story twists and turn and its written in such a way that each chapter is incredibly short. This makes it a real page turner to see what happens next...lol I read the book in a day.

I suppose if you've seen the flick then I wouldn;t bother reading the book but if you haven;t seen the flick, read the book first. That way you'll get to enjoy the story and give a fair opinion of the film.

I don;t particulary think it is a story meant for film, however money mould motivate me to sell the rights Thumbs Up

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

king kong wrote:
Sorry Toby R

I naturally assumed that from adding a comment DVC to suddenly slamming KK and being that my Username is King Kong also that you were implying that I was shit.

Sorry about that.

No, sorry for the confusion, I hate the film with a passion, not you Smile

king kong
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:11 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the book was as you say a real page turner and obviousley goes a lot deeper than the film. Also thought that the film should have at least hinted at the connection between President Miterond (if that how you spell it!) and the pyramid construction at the louvre for more credability.

Also Marys journey to southern France and the tie up with French royal blood was worth a mention.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
Its worth noting, to the people who have seen the fil but not read the book, that the story itself, in written format is very compelling reading. The story twists and turn and its written in such a way that each chapter is incredibly short. This makes it a real page turner to see what happens next...lol I read the book in a day.

I suppose if you've seen the flick then I wouldn;t bother reading the book but if you haven;t seen the flick, read the book first. That way you'll get to enjoy the story and give a fair opinion of the film.

I don;t particulary think it is a story meant for film, however money mould motivate me to sell the rights Thumbs Up

I agree.

I intend to read the book, as I did with "Minority Report", "iRobot" and "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep".

I hate the way Hollywood dumbs down all these movies for everyone to understand.

Most intelligent films I've watched are SAW1/2, Mullholland Drive. The Machinist and Stand by Me recently.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 15:17 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two favourite book to film conversions are Trainspotting, which made for a fucking awesome film and Fight Club. Fight Club was particulary bizzarre because I read the book after the film and the film is 100 times better. It took genius to realise the book was good film material.

I suppose Lord of the Rings was a fantastic conversion too, however sci fi/fantasy is so cliche that it doesn't rate in my book to film views!!!

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
My two favourite book to film conversions are Trainspotting, which made for a fucking awesome film and Fight Club. Fight Club was particulary bizzarre because I read the book after the film and the film is 100 times better. It took genius to realise the book was good film material.

I suppose Lord of the Rings was a fantastic conversion too, however sci fi/fantasy is so cliche that it doesn't rate in my book to film views!!!

I agree, Fight Club was one of the most depressing books I've read for a long time.

I wish someone would do a decent version of 1984.

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:41 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brave New World would be a bit easier to make..

1984 would be a headfuck to create, no doubt.
+ if they did it right, a large proprtion of cinema viewers would top themselves during the credits...
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

innominate wrote:
I think Brave New World would be a bit easier to make..

1984 would be a headfuck to create, no doubt.
+ if they did it right, a large proprtion of cinema viewers would top themselves during the credits...

Sorry but nothing can beat the Pianist for topping-yourselfability.

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 23 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
Sorry but nothing can beat the Pianist for topping-yourselfability.

Leaving Las Vegas Thumbs Up
...and it's got Elisabeth Shue in it Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2