Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The new 'happy slapping'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Paul@125power
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:22 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: The new 'happy slapping' Reply with quote

This morning on the BBC news there was a report of what is called the new craze since happy slapping.

The news reports that chavs are having drag races in the streets and doing burn outs and doughnuts in car parks while others are recording on their mobile phones and then posting it on the internet as well as other stunts like driving fast towards bind summits in order to take off and see who can get the highest.

This looks to be causing a big up roar. But, why has it taken the police and government this long to get a wiff of this happening when it has been happening for years?

Any one else see it? Discuss?

Yamaha YQ100 (RIP)......Honda CBR125R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

innominate
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:00 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only bad if they do it when there are other road users around, who they could crash into.

If its an abandoned car-park etc then i really dont see a problem.
(will be just the NIMBY's shouting off again)

But if its on teh public road with other motorists drving about, then the video eveidence should be used to ban them for life.
I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the customs agent. I am the coast-guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable.

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 11:03 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: The new 'happy slapping' Reply with quote

Where my parents live there's the local KFC/McD/etc. on one of the shopping estates on the edge of town. All the local chav cars meet there. Going past I've seen many illegal happening, even illegal plates on the cars. However, the police seem to ignore it.

One local told me a reason for ignoring it was that as long as they know they're in one place then they can contain it. Try and break it up and it'll just disperse and they'll waste time finding them again. I think they use the same reasoning for not clearing up where all the drug users hang out Rolling Eyes Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing new about joyriding.

This is just some wank attempt by the papers to repackage it as some new phenomenon.

The useless bastards.

Aikman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why stop Darwinism? One time they'll jump accross a crest onto a corner with a lampost on it. Better they die through their own stupidity than kill someone else. And before someone says we often do stupid things...yes we do, we speed, we corner, i lie down on the bike, stand up, pull wheelies. But i'll never do it near other cars, or bystanders, i doubt they are that considerate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

the local metro link car park 11pm> is used for that , cops park nearby (on some dog tooth lines obviously) to watch , as long as they don't stray onto the road they don't give a damn.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

as lon as they keep it in a abandoned car park among themselves then i dont care cause there always at that over here. its when they endanger others lives i give a shit, epecially mine.

one thing crossed my mind there quite horrifying. what if the chavs where to push bikers off their bikes! Embarassed Twisted Evil

cause i have always suspected they had that in mind here and dread driving past them . there you driving away humming to yourself in yuor lid and chavs runs from side of road and bang your off your bike on the ground injured with damage to your bike and humilated.

i hope i havent said that to loud now.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 20:02 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
chavs runs from side of road and bang your off your bike on the ground injured with damage to your bike and humilated.

Dropping a gear or two, pinning the throttle and veering towards them usually solves the problem.

I've not hit any yet. My sister got one with her wing mirror whilst in her car, stupid knob should have got out the road instead of standing there.

THCi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:09 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:

one thing crossed my mind there quite horrifying. what if the chavs where to push bikers off their bikes! Embarassed Twisted Evil

I know of several people having thier bikes nicked using such methods Rolling Eyes

Lawnie
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:46 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Bath we used to have the "Homebase Crew". I kid you not.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 16 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:

In the Manchester death zones , (Salford, Blackley , Belle vue , moss side , long site, and many of the surrounding towns) , you just DON't EVER ride through there at night and keep moving and don't stop for red lights slow down look and keep going , if you ever have to go through there,

if you fall off get back on ASAP,

as the most likely outcome would be being beaten to death and have your bike stolen then torched, Cops by enlarge do not go to such areas without armed response unit support, nor will firemen or paramedics.As they used to be ambushed by fake call outs and huge gangs attacking them,

Chavs don't respect life in those areas period and people have been beaten to death or gang raped and then beaten to death just for looking at Chavs the wrong way (its a stupid power thing if you have something , I have more power as I can take it away).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 17 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: The new 'happy slapping' Reply with quote

Paul@125power wrote:

The news reports that chavs are having drag races in the streets and doing burn outs and doughnuts in car parks while others are recording on their mobile phones and then posting it on the internet as well as other stunts like driving fast towards bind summits in order to take off and see who can get the highest.

People have been doing it with video cameras for years, only because of new technology where people can do this with phones instead of 8mm tape, is this an issue?

Welcome to 1999.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 325 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1