Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A13 "accident" my blood is boiling!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:26 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: A13 "accident" my blood is boiling! Reply with quote

Im sure many of you have already seen this...
https://twitter.com/thebarkingtweet/status/1785759210145275913
Honestly some the comments are making my blood boil, and thankfully, while there are plenty who clearly see the VW being the problem here.

There are more than a few comments blaming the biker!
I also saw the daily mail news, again most comments blaming the biker...

What effing bellend sees that video and thinks, "The VW driver did nothing wrong" ?

Biker is in his lane, with a speeding VW coming up his backside. Then undertakes him forcing him into the other lane, with no real space to go into... Might have even clipped him, biker hits the breaks, rear swings out and flips the poor biker...

The driver carries on speeding off weaving all over the place...
Frankly I hope the driver finds themselves wrapped around a fucking lamp post or flat face first in a brick wall! Failing that, life long driving ban and a good number of years inside.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, generally most bike accidents of this nature I see the biker can be said to hold a significant portion of the blame either by their general riding manner or by stubbornly asserting their 'right' in place of self preservation.

In this case however I think the car driver is wholly at fault and I'd certainly class it as reckless.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the driver is 100% to blame and I hope get's the book thrown at him but at the same time, the fat cunt on the Harley should have never tried to hold his position once he knew he was being forced out.

At the end of the day, your just a light bag of meat compared to the 1.5 ton car. You will never win.

Pete. wrote:
Well, generally most bike accidents of this nature I see the biker can be said to hold a significant portion of the blame either by their general riding manner or by stubbornly asserting their 'right' in place of self preservation.

In this case however I think the car driver is wholly at fault and I'd certainly class it as reckless.

The way the Court will look at it will be in terms of the preceding event which was that the VW driver was driving erratically, weaving dangerously through traffic: which they should not have been. Therefore the driver of the VW is wholly to blame.

Mens rea and actus reus present.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:06 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
I think the driver is 100% to blame and I hope get's the book thrown at him but at the same time, the fat cunt on the Harley should have never tried to hold his position once he knew he was being forced out.

At the end of the day, your just a light bag of meat compared to the 1.5 ton car. You will never win.

Pete. wrote:

The way the Court will look at it will be in terms of the preceding event which was that the VW driver was driving erratically, weaving dangerously through traffic: which they should not have been. Therefore the driver of the VW is wholly to blame.

Mens rea and actus reus present.

I dunno what else the guy in the bike could have done... The roads were busy. The guy undertook him, he probably didn't realise the VW was there till the moments before. As the VW was speeding and weaving around.

Though I also take the mantra, Im just a thin (fat) bag of tomatoes on a bike.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet the biker lost control by braking too hard with the rear and flipping out - I'm not saying I could have done it, but I do wonder if more on the front, less on the back might have saved him...
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:32 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
And yet the biker lost control by braking too hard with the rear and flipping out - I'm not saying I could have done it, but I do wonder if more on the front, less on the back might have saved him...

While not totally clear i think he was clipped

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could the biker have done a better job of saving himself the bike? Maybe. If the VW driver wasn't driving like cunt he wouldn't have had to do anything.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see why the non-biking twitterati who saw this immediately assumed the default 'idiot biker' was to blame; it's not entirely clear immediately where the two vehicles were at the outset and where they came from.

Clearly VW boy was totally to blame, but in terms of defensive riding, the bike was very badly positioned, right over to the right in his lane. He was presumably in 'filtering mode'; but at that time there was nothing in lane 1 for him to need to be there, which gave the VW the room to undertake him, and then shut the door on him by suddenly switching lanes.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:06 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried just not reading twitter comments? No good ever comes of it.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:03 - 02 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Have you tried just not reading twitter comments? No good ever comes of it.

Genuinely good advice Very Happy

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Have you tried just not reading twitter? No good ever comes of it.

EFA

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:59 - 03 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:

I dunno what else the guy in the bike could have done... The roads were busy. The guy undertook him, he probably didn't realise the VW was there till the moments before. As the VW was speeding and weaving around.

Though I also take the mantra, Im just a thin (fat) bag of tomatoes on a bike.

He could have rolled off instead of reacting by rolling on when he got over(under)taken. Then he wouldn't have run out of space when the undertaking car shut him off.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 04 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
He could have rolled off instead of reacting by rolling on when he got over(under)taken. Then he wouldn't have run out of space when the undertaking car shut him off.

That was exactly my thoughts.

I don't blame the fat cunt on the cruiser at all though he got done dirty by the cunt in the VW. It looked like he was caught by surprise and adrenaline rushed and that's probably why he rolled on the throttle in a flight response as opposed to tried to hold his ground in reality.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 06 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of that sort of driving round here (this area is definitely my manor), testosterone runs high in local car drivers, especially those who feel the need to have such obvious personalised numberplates Rolling Eyes

Looks like the guy on the bike was just filtering with the expectation that there would be space to move into a lane but that sort of 4-wheeled idiocy at inappropriate speeds considering the density of traffic is typical of this area.

I reckon the biker may have been nudged and if not that, then he was spooked by the ducking and weaving and lost control - I'm often terrified of the same - someone pulling out on me without indicating whilst I am flitering on my way along there. I'm pleased that number plate is so obvious: easy to notice it in the traffic in future for purposes of ... avoidance.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 06 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

... having said that, even I have to admit that those particular roads, and especially the sweeping ride up out of the tunnel (or from the side on-ramp) onto the Canning Town Flyover itself really is a most awesome ride if you can time it right, its entirely possible to cane it in a most rock-star-ishly fashion on a bike Shifty Shifty Laughing Laughing

Its one of my favourite pieces of riding in "central"(ish) London, and less than a mile from home it always makes the blood sing in my veins Cool Makes all the annoying stop-start filtering right through the guts of central London worth it.

hellkat wrote:
stuff about riding the East India/Canning Town approach roads/underpass/overpass/flyover whatevs.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:27 - 07 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

Many Ex-Bikers who Stood their Ground are in the ground.

The better part of valor should prevail.

If required call the cops.

Better to ignore and move on.
A thumbs up to the errant Road User/User-ess might create a moment of concern for their ponderance.
Mostly it amuses their narcissistic characteristic.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 07 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I reckon the biker may have been nudged and if not that, then he was spooked by the ducking and weaving and lost control

I reckon he was nudged

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 07 May 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Many Ex-Bikers who Stood their Ground are in the ground.

Laughing

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1