Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Feel free to have a laugh at my expense!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 09:52 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Feel free to have a laugh at my expense! Reply with quote

I've been public transporting it to work for the last two days 'cause my other half has needed the car (the sooner I get a bike the better).

Anyway, this morning, as I left the flat and got around the corner I seen my bus along the road (it was about 5 minutes early Evil or Very Mad ) anyway, I got on my heels and started to run for it, when, OUCH! Doh! My bloody heel got stuck in between the concrete slabs and I hit the deck! Embarassed HOW EMBARASSING! Embarassed

Anyway, I got up and brushed myself down and missed my bus!!

I hate public transport!!

Anyway, just thought I'd give you all a laugh, 'cause I know if I'd seen it happen to someone else I would have p*ssed myself laughing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:04 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car park here at the business park I work at is an absolute nightmare in the winter. The thing freezes over and we get big patches of standing water that obviously turns into big patches of slippery ice.

A woman that works in the building opposite must have been late for something. She came across the road and into the car park at a right old rate, probably wouldn't have made much difference but she was in high heels, not good in winter really anyway. She hit the first patch of ice and she flew. It was a real cartoon style fall, legs flew into the air in front of her, up she went and down she came on her arse.

So being a gent I rushed over to help. She was just desperate to get up and get out of there, she was extremely red faced and fortunately only her pride was hurt.

Still see her occasionally, she still blushes now. Laughing

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 10:09 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you did laugh though!!!

Why is it so funny to see someone fall / hurt themselves? Laughing

I don't know that answer, but there seriously, is nothing funnier!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:11 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about those two stories is the between the lines stuff

If we were in America then Angel would be suing her local council for an uneven pavement surface and dainesefreak's workmate would be suing her employers for not providing a safe place to work.

Being English ain't great all the time but most of us are made of some good stuff - falling on your arse will always be funny!! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 10:18 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not English!! Sad

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough: British/Scottish

I just meant it as a generic term for us UK types, not to offend your national pride. Thumbs Up

hmmm, wonder why Scottish is spelt with two t's and british with only one?? Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shade_BW
I'm better than you

PostPosted: 10:32 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a generic term it sucks, which is something the English do not seem to consider at all.

I know you don't mean it etc, it's the simple fact that it does not occur to you that you are saying the wrong thing that can wind people up. (That was a generic you, not a you at anyone in particular).

Anyway, don't want to harp on, no harm no foul.

Shade
Considerate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

byke95
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of ironic that you can insult a group of people without even trying, at a time when your actually trying to tell them they're 'made of good stuff' Embarassed

I do sometimes fall over (bad joke) in this category - national pride is not one of my strong areas. Still, problem noted Thumbs Up

dipsy
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:49 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think that is taking your name just a little to far. Very Happy

Glad to here you aret hurt Smile

I Hate public transport too but luckily my other half refuses to learn how to drive a car so I don't get that problem but on the other hand when I say I need a new car that does wash either Smile

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 11:58 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a while to click there Dipsy, but that was rather funny! Laughing

Byke - you didn't insult me mate, I was only messing!!! Thumbs Up Sorry!!! I am patriotic, but I'm not easily offended - HONEST!! Wink

Marc_Buck
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:11 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic i am sorry but i have never laughed so much at someones misfortune in my life, here goes;

Was at a party at one of my best mates girlfriends house last week, was sitting chatting to my girlfriend and one of my mates when the mate i was talking to his girlfriend came flying head first down the stairs, landed on her face after falling down the stairs and then blamed it on me! the sofa i was sitting on was next to the stairs and apparently i stuck my foot out.

Never laughed so much in my life, imagine it! in the middle of a party full of 16/17 year olds a girl comes flying down the stairs head first!

CLASSIC MOMENT! Mr. Green Thumbs Up

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm laughing at you F.A!! I bet you looked hilarious!

However, I can empathise...last week when I was a bridesmaid I had to wear hideous bright pink heel things which I could barely walk in. When we had to have our photos taken, we had to walk across some grass which was wet because it had been raining. Of course, we all sunk into the grass, so each step involved a sharp pull of the heel out of the ground. Very amusing for the people watching!! Laughing

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 14:32 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet I did - I don't think anyone actually seen me though (well I hope they didn't) but I was back up quicker than you could say boo! pretending nothing had happened!

Why do us girls wear stoopid bloody shoes Rolling Eyes

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing I find funny is when someone nearly trips over but manages to catch it. Then they pretend to have done some bizarre over the top movement on purpose. I've found myself doing it. Rolling Eyes

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 15:03 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

dainesefreak wrote:
The other thing I find funny is when someone nearly trips over but manages to catch it. Then they pretend to have done some bizarre over the top movement on purpose. I've found myself doing it. Rolling Eyes

You mean like they pretend to start jogging? Laughing I've seen that.

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 15:03 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like falling off a chair - then you pretend you were stretching or something - been there!! Thumbs Up

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 15:37 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

byke95 wrote:

hmmm, wonder why Scottish is spelt with two t's and british with only one?? Thinking

If it was it would be ScOtish like Philip Schofield. Due to there being two vowels with only one consanent separating them, giving the emphasis of the word on the first vowel.

Laughing F.A. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who get heels stuck between paving slabs. Stillettos and Cardiff slabs do NOT mix well Embarassed

synaptyx
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:47 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Re: Feel free to have a laugh at my expense! Reply with quote

Fallen Angel wrote:
My bloody heel got stuck in between the concrete slabs and I hit the deck! Embarassed HOW EMBARASSING! Embarassed
BWAAHAA!!! Thumbs Up Wink Reminds me of a joke - probably read it here mind.

Why are humans like slinky springs?
Because they're fairly useless and you can't help but smile when you see one fall down the stairs. Laughing

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 16:08 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! Boom!

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 16:11 - 22 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Kris125's sig Laughing .

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

ranna
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:18 - 23 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

get compensation off the council

Fallen Angel
Franny the Nanny

PostPosted: 12:24 - 23 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hurt myself though and since for once, it wasn't there fault, just ordinary spaces between the slabs and my stupid stiletto heel caught it!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1