Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CBR600RR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:12 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Honda CBR600RR Reply with quote

Im thinking of going for a 600RR as my next bike.
Its a while off yet unfortunately but I just thought Id get some info on them. Its most likely going to be next year I get the bike but saving has to start now!
I'll probably be getting the 2003 model.
I had a sit on a 2005 bike last week and realised just how different the riding position was to the ZZR! It didnt find hugely uncomfortable but as I would be riding the bike everyday of the year, including communting to work (about 9 miles) are my wrists and back going to be in agony?

Baring in mind I'm 18 so my joints and muscles haven't seized up just yet! Smile

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ZXR is an old relic, but I had quite a lot of presure on my hands and wrists at first, and the back aches from time to time Confused

The price you pay for a sports bike Laughing

BLOFLY 636
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:40 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 miles will be ok but you may just find your hands getting a bit numb at first, also try eating a bannanna or two a day it helped me get rid of the cramps I was getting. Thumbs Up

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 18:44 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 miles will be no problem at all. They are fine for commuting on as well. Have you had an insurance ring around yet?

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:10 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
9 miles will be no problem at all. They are fine for commuting on as well. Have you had an insurance ring around yet?

Not yet mate. Im quite confident I can get a good deal though. I'm currently getting £490 TPFT on my ZZR, with 1 years NCB + break down cover. By the time I get the CBR I'll have 2 years NCB so hopefully it won't be to bad insurance wise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance won't be a huge problem I don't think, certainly no more than £800 at worst.

I rode the RR at Donnington and it was a brilliant machine, so easy to ride, and still proper fast.

It may hurt when you first get it, but after doing some miles it starts to ease off, I had all sorts of cramps from my 636, but it gets easier with time.

Aidan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Having riden a SV650s for 4 years I thought that was low, but the test ride on the RR was ridiculous.
However, I can ride it for over 100 miles non stop and it doesn't hurt my wrists - no padding on the seat though! Wink

I recently rode my old SV and it felt like a tourer!

Aidan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Having riden a SV650s for 4 years I thought that was low, but the test ride on the RR was ridiculous.
However, I can ride it for over 100 miles non stop and it doesn't hurt my wrists - no padding on the seat though! Wink

Aidan
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 06 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

cbrjay
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just changed from a cbr600fw to an 05 600rr, it hurts a bit at first but its worth the pain. they have a poor fuel tank range but after 100miles your glad of a rest
https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h29/cbrjay/rr1Custom.jpg

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 20:07 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris i rented a 6RR numerous times and on one occasion didn't have anywhere to crash (my rents didn't know about the bike)

So i rode her from 8 in the evening till 10 AM the next day (18 hours) pretty much solidly and i was fine, just a bit of a stiff neck Razz

I'm 17 as well, so like you my bones and muscles haven't seized yet Wink

S'a fookin blast as well, in all that time riding i NEVER got bored, each turn i was pushing harder and faster, each wheelie was getting faster and longer. It's just such a versatile machine, even got stuck in rush hour traffic for about half an hour and no problems.

Oh and the attention you get is awesome with a race can Wink

chris___
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:09 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
Chris i rented a 6RR numerous times and on one occasion didn't have anywhere to crash (my rents didn't know about the bike)

So i rode her from 8 in the evening till 10 AM the next day (18 hours) pretty much solidly and i was fine, just a bit of a stiff neck Razz

I'm 17 as well, so like you my bones and muscles haven't seized yet Wink

S'a fookin blast as well, in all that time riding i NEVER got bored, each turn i was pushing harder and faster, each wheelie was getting faster and longer. It's just such a versatile machine, even got stuck in rush hour traffic for about half an hour and no problems.

Oh and the attention you get is awesome with a race can Wink

Sounds awesome mate Thumbs Up
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can afford the insurance though, Im already getting hammered on quotes for the 600F Sad

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 20:32 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks mate, try and find quotes for a 6RR and just go for the cheapest one. Try and find something you can pay off monthly as well, ratherly than yearly.

wondergirl
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:59 - 30 Apr 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have riden the cbr600rr for 2yrs now and only get uncomfortable after 70miles so your short commute will be no problem at all. I would recommend it its a great bike. Thumbs Up

Bandito
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:58 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 05 600rr and do about 14 miles a day on it... I love the bike.. have said in another thread that my insurance fully comp is £520, thats gone down from £700 last year... I am 28 though and have had licence 10 years... I was getting quotes of a £1000 at one stage though.
when I first rode the RR it killed my wrists and regretted buying the bike without taking a test ride... but after a while I adjusted and it felt totally natural.. Thumbs Up

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lush with the underseat Micron Thumbs Up

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 23:39 - 01 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

6rr seats are planks.

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like the riders of Aprilia RS's? Hehehe harharhar. Razz

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:16 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dainesefreak wrote:
Just like the riders of Aprilia RS's? Hehehe harharhar. Razz

I've always been a little confuckled about your signature DF...

329 genuine honda HP? An 05 blade doesn't make that make Confused

And palmer, only the pillion seats are planks, the rider's seats are comfy as!

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Honda's mate and although one is a car and I don't drive. Rolling Eyes Although a 329 hp Blade would be interesting!

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:39 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHHHH! So it all adds up to 329? What's the car an S2000? Civic Type R? A 329 HP blade would spend most of it's life at 12! Laughing

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an old MkII CRX mate, bought it over a year ago a never bothered to learn to drive. Shocked

Keep looking at it and thinking about getting rid as I just can't seem to get the enthusiasm together, then I think "Tis a nice car though I'm sure I'll regret it". Laughing

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 15:48 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad choice, they're nippy little buggers to be fair! But sod it, you've got an 05 Blade, you don't need anything else! Wink

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted something a bit different from the average Fiesta/Corsa learner car, thought it might inspire me more if I have to learn.

Dark
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 02 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's an old MkII CRX mate, bought it over a year ago a never bothered to learn to drive.

Now thats what i call laid back Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2