Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TD: Cadwell, 5th April, planning thread #2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 10:17 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: TD: Cadwell, 5th April, planning thread #2 Reply with quote

Ho'kay...
So far we have two cars with trailers going up from the South:
Mine with Dusty in and the r6/Bros (or other bike) on the back.
Bendy's with her CBR and Mark's thingamybob, with Dru's old MZ snuggled in-between for Dean.
There may possibly be a Ste lurking about somewhere there as well.

I, at least, should have a moderately comprehensive tool kit etc with me.
If anyone else wants stuff to be transported up, try and get the stuff to me Saturday or earlier.
I hope to have stuff packed on Saturday, whenever we are leaving.

When we are going also needs to be decided:
We could possibly go up on the Saturday and invade Dean's pub for the evening, then go on to Cadwell on the Sunday.
Or we can go up Sunday day time.
Either way we will be Camping there Sunday night. There is talk of some form of entertainment in the evening; possibly a trip to the cinema? Depending on numbers, I might even buy everyone a meal somewhere semi-nice Smile.
I would be intending to get to the track on Sunday with a reasonable amount of day light left, so that things can be unpacked and got ready for the morning, so we just have to get up and sign on.
Depending on what happens with what bikes/trailers where, we may either be going m4 -> m25 -> m1 or m4 -> a34 -> m1. Probably turning off the M1 near Nottingham then going past Lincoln and onto Cadwell Park. Cadwell park can be found here for those making their own way there.

There is a petrol pump on track, which will hopefully be open, though expect it to be fairly expensive. I'll be taking a jerry can; but will undoubtedly use it all. If anyone else has got spare jerry cans I can probably take a trip to a local garage at Lunch time (note that this is one of the least sophisticated garages I have ever seen in the UK; so don't expect much Smile ).

I will be coming back on the Monday evening, so will want to get packed up moderately quickly (and try to make sure I don't leave my keys somewhere on the track this time Razz.)

Does anyone need any bike-stuff bought before the day?
I, at least, need to get some oil, disc bolt and a few other bits, so might be worth making a big order and saving on postage.
If anyone else wants to come up the day before we go and use our place as a 'stop off' to make the journey slightly shorter and or do some last minute spannering, I'm sure that could be accommodated.

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 10:48 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloomin 'eck, whats this? G looking very organised. Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:18 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be coming along, I've got the time off now, so might as well use it Laughing. Not sure what the riding situation is yet, but will be looking into it. Smile

I reckon go up on Saturday and go and visit Dean and his pub (assuming he is happy for us to all turn up Smile )

Don't think there is anyone coming from further down south; Craig said a refund on his ticket he says, and R6 Stu hasn't said anything yet. Confused

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:03 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far is Dean's pub from Cadwell?

Stew
If it's good enough for top race teams...

PostPosted: 15:17 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
How far is Dean's pub from Cadwell?

At a guess, about 80 miles. Both are about 40 from mine.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:27 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased some tie down straps.

I also need my tent transporting, but I suspect that it will fit in the boot of Bendy's car or whatever. I will try to get it to G's beforehand though because I'm assuming thats where we are meeting.

Unless you have other ideas Bendy? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:31 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tents and other such stuff can just be attached to the trailers. No need for it to be in the car. Smile

I don't think Bendy will be meeting in Reading, unless she is happy fixing her own bike onto the trailer then driving it to Reading?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:33 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Tents and other such stuff can just be attached to the trailers. No need for it to be in the car. Smile

I don't think Bendy will be meeting in Reading, unless she is happy fixing her own bike onto the trailer then driving it to Reading?

Good point. How am I gonna get my tent etc there then?

I'll have to hope that G has room for it in his car/trailer...

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino

PostPosted: 19:34 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadwell is 82 miles from my Pub. You're all welcome to come round whenever.
If anyone needs to borrow any camping stuff we should have some, just let me know Very Happy

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 20:00 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that MarJay gets his stuff to G's and it can be piled into the trailer for the hop to Slough. Then we can offload stuff from G's trailer into my car, and have more people to help load the three bikes onto my trailer.

Reverse on the way home, just like last time.

Alternatively, I can come to Reading to collect stuff, but I won't be taking the trailer, I need people to come and help me with that.

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 23:52 - 31 Mar 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a spare tent or space in their's? Don't think I can face sleeping in the car again. Confused

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 00:08 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, we had decided that my HUGE tent was too excessive (especially in terms of car space) and I wouldn't need it.

I was going to buy a 2 person tent for meself... but it depends if you can persuade G to let me have the extra car space for my er... 8 person tent I think it is... at least until slough.

Smile

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 00:20 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome to have trailer space for it, if I can sleep in it. Razz

We can just wack it in a couple of bin bags and sling it in the trailer, should be safe from rain that way (not that it's going to rain of course).

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 00:46 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could park the car inside the tent and you can sleep inside both. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:07 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty wrote:
Anyone got a spare tent or space in their's? Don't think I can face sleeping in the car again. Confused

Told you you shouldn't have left your tent in a field. Razz Razz

Last will be loads of room on the trailers I expect. There is a big gap at the front and backs on the bikes on G's trailer to fill with general crap. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:31 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get the big tent, and Dusty can sleep in it, and anyone else who is in need of accomodation.

Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:04 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you & Bendy also coming back on the Monday evening?

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 11:41 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Adam_P
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I only live about 30 mins from Cadwell. Would any of you lot mind me coming over to take a look and meet you?

Would be nice to put faces to names. (I think Wink )

That is, unless you don't want a newbie there of course. I actually went over there on Tuesday, there was a bike track day on then too! Smile

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian

PostPosted: 13:25 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Is there any trailor room left?

Luke
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 13:44 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam P - feel free.

Luke - no dude, we assumed you weren't coming so Marjay's in your slot (so to speak).

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:15 - 01 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
We could park the car inside the tent and you can sleep inside both. Razz

Now there's an idea. Thumbs Up Is the tent big enough Mark? It'll save me bringing a pillow.

Ste wrote:
Told you you shouldn't have left your tent in a field.

Pah, that tent was out of date anyway and the people who put their tent up on top of it kind of killed it. Razz

Btw Mark is there enough room in your tent for my bed?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:46 - 02 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've booked bike rental. I'm renting a sorted CBR600 steel framed one. Twisted Evil

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:05 - 07 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Pictures from Cadwell:-

https://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/TempPicture/Cadwell%20-%2020040405/

These are directories of thumbnail images and they are all set up as links if you use "thumb.php", but I have not uploaded the full images yet (and given how long that will take I will only do the odd ones that people want).

All the best

Keith
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1