Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lights Problem - Help

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 11:01 - 08 Apr 2004    Post subject: Lights Problem - Help Reply with quote

I've already mentioned this before but now I have a bit more info and a few more problems to add on aswell. But here goes...

Arrow When I'm stationary my tail light just sits on as normal. If I press front or back brake then the brake light comes on. Good, all normal there. But as soon as I pull away the brake light comes on and stays on. I noticed it for myself last night as I was doing some countryside riding with my mate and I could clearly see the road behind me was bright red. I noticed if I pressed my front brake the light remained on brake light but as soon as I released the front brake the brakelight went off for half a second then went back on to brake light again. The minute I pull over and stop the brakelight goes off and reverts back to just normal tail light. I'd really like to figure out what's causing this as it's pretty dangerous riding in traffic.

Arrow Secondly, I think every NSR has had this problem... When I'm travelling with high revs, the indicators flash incredibly fast. Just before the redline they're on constantly. Another problem I now need sorted since I've started using the motorway since I passed my test. Cant' really indicate changing lanes properly since the bike is always high in revs on the motorway.

Arrow Been out riding all last night. Half way home my mate pulls over in front of me to stop for a bit, so I indicate to pull in. As soon as I use the brakes I notice the indicators stop work. Then when I stopped I released the brake and the indicators came back on but with each flash the headlights lost brightness then became brighter again between the flashes. I just turned the bike off at this point and got off for a 5 minute break. When I got back on the bike I turned the key to turn the bike on but got absolutely nothing. Tried fiddling about for 10 minutes with the battery and cables but no luck and ended up phoning the AA. Sods law that it suddenly came back to life 5 minutes after that though so I phoned back and cancelled and continued on my way home. The bike seemed ok from then on appart from the two problems I mentioned above.

What the hell is wrong with my bike? Crying or Very sad

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:25 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're going to need to strip all the fairings off and check all the wiring for good connections. Make sure nothing has worn through and is shorting out. If everything checks out OK then I recommend that you get a priest to exorcise the demons. Thumbs Up

ProXimaCore
Dougal

PostPosted: 10:09 - 09 Apr 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that was what I was going to do tonight. I don't really care too much about the other problem as long as the brake light thing is fixed. I have no idea how long this has been happening for. I did have it serviced last month which involved getting the switch for the rear brake replaced. But it seems to operate fine from idle. I don't know if it was broken before that. It was my instructor that pointed it out to me last week. Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1