Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike4Life Easter Egg Run 1st April 2012

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National
 View related event: Bike4Life Easter Egg Run (1 Apr) View previous topic : View next topic  

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:22 - 15 Nov 2011    Post subject: Bike4Life Easter Egg Run 1st April 2012 Reply with quote

Bike4Life Easter Egg Run - 1st April 2012
The first of two Bike4life events in 2012. The first fun Charity ride out will start at Meole Brace Park & Ride in Shrewsbury. Supporters will then bike along the M54 to the RAF Museum at Cosford. Pay £5 to join in and remember to bring an Easter Egg!
To register for this of this event now, or for more information, please email bike4life@midlandsairambulance.com
In aid of the Midlands Air Ambulance.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 15 Nov 2011    Post subject: Re: Bike4Life Easter Egg Run 1st April 2012 Reply with quote

BIKEVIDDER wrote:
Supporters will then bike along the M54 to the RAF Museum at Cosford

Where will those with L plates be riding?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:09 - 16 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, this is the fourth thread I've read from you (a relatively new member) where you are mentioning raising money for the Midlands AA. They even have a bike4life email address...

I have no problem with the charity per se (indeed I agree they perform an excellent service), however I do feel that you should really make your association with them clear. Do you work for them in any capacity (including fundraising) ?

I only ask as in my mind there is no real difference in a charity spamming the forum than there is a company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:50 - 16 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find now I'm settled into the forum I'll be more in the background & spending more time in the rideout section covering any ride & any charity.
Charity rides are near the top of my interests list but to start I have to talk about something for post starters, If you look I've replied to many varied topics & started a few different ones as well.
Track day guys will talk about tracks, learners will talk about first bikes, broken bike pushers will ask mechanical stuff & so it goes.
I'm slowly filling gaps in the calender & the next few will be Kids Hospice rideouts.
Don't tell me someone will moan about those being mentioned next.
Come on give a newbie breathing space, If I rattled on about my bike every one would soon be fed up as the thing is only held together by rust.
Now excuse me the Brass Monkey run for a kids Hospice is a better time filling topic for me than replying to a moan.
Justified moan perhaps, but as you say I'm new here so an average of topics has yet to be formed.
Judged on a few weeks of post filling ??
At least I'm contributing to the forum in a positive way, well trying to.

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 16 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't answered the question...

Don't try to lay the guilt trip on me about helping out the poorly kids. I'm a clinician in the NHS. I have worked with vulnerable people in hospitals, care homes, day centres, the community and christ knows where else.

I have seen children and adults die, its very sad, but it happens. I am glad I was able to offer practical and real support to them and their families during this time. I did this through using skills developed over nearly 20 years, not by riding a motorcycle.

I accept charities need money (in fact I am probably more acutely aware of this than you having had my wages paid for by charities at various times in my career). I have my favourite charities, and support them in fundraising events many times per year. I have been here for 7 years, and have never felt it appropriate to spam the other forum members requesting their cold hard cash. This is because I think if people want to give, then they will. They don't need me nipping their arses to do so

I therefore refuse to feel guilty for challenging you on your motives for being here. If you have an interest in raising money, then fill your boots and pick up your MBE in 5 years.

If you work for any of the causes you have mentioned, please declare it.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:00 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:

If you work for any of the causes you have mentioned, please declare it.

Thanks.

No I don't work for ANY causes.
For free, fee or gift..
I work in a drop forge.

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:19 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
I am glad I was able to offer practical and real support to them and their families during this time. I did this through using skills developed over nearly 20 years, not by riding a motorcycle.

I do not have skills developed over 20yrs to help others but I do ride a motor cycle.
If I was to have a career change I don't think I'd be able to do what you do.
I've rode on a few charity rides & intend to do more this year, from what I've seen here there is a distinct lack of awareness about charity rideouts & these rideouts are attended by thousands of bikers so I'm not alone.
The last one I was on had 4,000 riders last year & raised over £15,000, this years event was bigger.
Each to there own, I'm not in a position to get my hands dirty but I'm willing to get a sore bum & spread the word.
Not to mention dipping into my own pocket.
Charity rideouts might not be a hot topic here but If it's a rare subject It's possible some will become interested.
Apathy & ignorance, who wants to encourage it ??
I want to do some track days next year so might just become bored with rideouts.
For the moment though I'm not.

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:25 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:

I therefore refuse to feel guilty for challenging you on your motives for being here.

Happy to explain & understand why you ask.

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:54 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
real support to them and their families not by riding a motorcycle.

I've answered so I now have a question.
Are those that support by riding a motor bike evil monsters or just stupid doing what they do ?
Is every person promoting & raising awarness about motor bike charity rideouts an evil monster on the make for their own benifit ?
I simply havn't the balls to do what you do, I had a phone call a few years ago & had to tell the missus a Macmillan nurse was with her mother, she didn't realise what that meant when I told her luckily so she drove in a fit state of mind.
That fcuked me up good & proper so big respect to you sir, sincerly.
Now just for entertainment purposes.
Have you the balls to do what I do in a drop forge ??
Watch it all before you answer, in the real world the noise is over 120db's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmS3LgfdT7E

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:27 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
I therefore refuse to feel guilty for challenging you on your motives for being here. If you have an interest in raising money, then fill your boots and pick up your MBE in 5 years.
Thanks.

I therefore refuse to feel guilty for answering in the manner I do.
Are you mad ??
A round trip of 75 miles plus the ride distance on top as an example, the shortest one was 100miles round trip total.
The next one I know of is about 80 miles away & looking at the route map is a long ride to do when I get there.
Could be up to 300 miles total (done 550 miles in a day regular for other reasons).
So, to help a charity of choice I can either spend a fortune on petrol to give them a fiver or I can buy a stamp or make a phone call at cost or possibly free or even donate online definitely for free.
Yeah right, spend £25 to donate £5.
No wonder the scrutiny, stupid stupid me for not realising.
I go on charity rideouts & spend cash on petrol because I don't commute to work, I walk, I spend my petrol money on riding the bike for my pleasure.
Therefore my interests in charity rideouts is not as you suggest for or about the charity, any charity.
It's the fcuking ride.
Therefore my dark secret reasons for raising awareness of the rideouts is to tell others who just might be staring at a PC screen thinking GOD I'm bored what shall I do I'm sick & tired of the bickering on these forums, oh look a rideout, I think I'll go for a ride with a few other bikers, have a look at the different bikes & natter bike stuff.
Might learn something new, might meet new mates but regardless I'll escape these four walls for a few hours.
And before you pick up on me mentioning GOD don't even think about moaning I'm a bible basher.
I feel better now but still want to shout so my bikes going to get interrogated why It's so rusty.
Are you now satisfied or shall I shout by using the cap lock ??

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you really have to make five seperate posts over two and half hours?

What was wrong with editing the one post. It almost seems like you want it to keep popping back to the top of the topics list.

For me I dislike huge rideouts. Full of police, full of idiots and you can never get parked or get a drink because the queue's so massive. Then there's normally a crash at some point as well.

If that's your idea of a good ride then fair enough, but it doesn't interest me.

BIKEVIDDER
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:49 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIKEVIDDER wrote:

Are you now satisfied or shall I shout by using the cap lock ??

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE I'M SO EMBARRASED ABOUT HAVING THE PI$$ TAKEN OUT OF ME HOW THE FCUK IN ELL HOW AM I GOING TO DARE MENTION IF ANY ONE WANTS TO GO ON A RIDEOUT LOCAL TO ME DO THEY WANT TO GO WITH SOMEONE & MEET UP FOR THE RIDE.
DUE TO IGNORANCE ARROGANCE & LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE RIDEOUTS & SOME BIKER MEETS I'M NOW SEEN TO BE A SICK TWISTED EVIL MONSTER TRYING TO STEAL MONEY & NO BIKER WHO HASN'T ANY MATES WHO RIDE IS GOING TO TOUCH ME WITH A RUSTY CHINESE HANDLE BAR, THANKS FOR NOTHING A$$'OLES.
(Note to forum newbies, newbies are sometimes invited to rise to the bait & It's very very naughty not to also no motor bike, Chinese or other country of origin has been harmed or injured during the making of these posts)

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 17 Nov 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Blimey petal, calm down.

Did you read my post in sentences answering each before moving on to the next in turn ? Only your tone becomes progressively more aggressive towards the end.

I will explain myself....

I noticed a noob had turned up and had made several posts promoting a particular charity, and urging the forum to buy their merchandise.

This has happened before, and has been done by people working for the charity trying raise funds. This is essentially spam, which as you may have noticed is not well tolerated on the forum.

Given this I challenged you on your motives for posting the stuff you had.

In your first answer you evaded the question, and told me you had better things to do than listen to me moaning, before trying to guilt trip me into shutting up by saying you had to organise a ride out for a childrens hospice, and therefore attempted to dismiss my question as frivolity.

I don't particularly like being patronised, so felt I should give you some info on my background in an attempt to let you know I have more experience of that sort of thing than you as a result of actually doing the job rather than running around with a bike and a bucket.

I also informed you that I fundraise on a regular basis, but don't feel that banging on about it all the time makes me look better in the eyes of the other members on here.

It was not an attempt to get into some willy waving competition about who's job is harder.

Frankly, I couldn't give a fuck whether you ride around collecting money, providing you don't personally benefit from it in anyway, and this was all I was trying to establish (and did in fact say in my second post).

Hope thats cleared that up.
valentinesgif... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 109 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1